• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upgrading Foxpro Sound Library

SDBguy95

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2019
Last year I got into coyote hunting and purchased a Foxpro X2S. I called in 20 or so coyotes with it over the course of a few months here in Eastern South Dakota with the sounds that came standard. Foxpro has a few good sounds in my opinion, but most of them are what you would expect to hear off of a Primos Alpha Dog or any other 10 year old call. I think the X2S is a great piece of eqiupment, but everytime I hear a Lucky Duck I get a little jealous of their sound library. The Foxpro seems to hold its own in distress sounds, but falls short in the coyote vocal department. Coming into this season now I still find myself wanting some more sounds to add to my call. I understand you can purchase upgraded sounds from Foxpro, MFK, and others. Have any of you ever purchased or used upgraded sound options, which direction did you go? What are my options, I want to hear your thoughts!

Last year I got into coyote hunting and purchased a Foxpro X2S. I called in 20 or so coyotes with it over the course of a few months here in Eastern South Dakota with the sounds that came standard. Foxpro has a few good sounds in my opinion, but most of them are what you would expect to hear off of a Primos Alpha Dog or any other 10 year old call. I think the X2S is a great piece of eqiupment, but everytime I hear a Lucky Duck I get a little jealous of their sound library. The Foxpro seems to hold its own in distress sounds, but falls short in the coyote vocal department. Coming into this season now I still find myself wanting some more sounds to add to my call. I understand you can purchase upgraded sounds from Foxpro, MFK, and others. Have any of you ever purchased or used upgraded sound options, which direction did you go? What are my options, I want to hear your thoughts!
Predator tactics, MFK, Tony Tebbe all make a decent sound files, you can preview most of them

Reactions: SDBguy95
Foxpro coyote family, coyote pair and coy female to locate and get their attention followed by light distress call when the make an appearance has killed 75% of our coyotes. Maybe regional but those foxpro coyote vocalizations work well for us.

Foxpro coyote family, coyote pair and coy female to locate and get their attention followed by light distress call when the make an appearance has killed 75% of our coyotes. Maybe regional but those foxpro coyote vocalizations work well for us.
Prey distress or coyote distress?

Prey distress. I use vole squeak or lightning jack turned down low and coyote pup distress after the shot. We have a good many yotes but not a lot of hunting pressure. I'm sure it's different everywhere in terms of what works best.

Say there is a coyote at 400-500 yards, what volume do you run the vol squeaks at?

At a level I can just barely hear 75-100 yards from the caller. They either bust on in or slip inside shooting range. If I see one inside 400 and its showing no cues of moving in its usually got a bullet flying at it.

That's how I was operating last season, but I'm not a very good shooter so success was marginal at best. 200-250 is a long shot for me with a thermal.

Try smaller spaces with set up tuned to how far you want to shoot. Most of what we kill is inside 50-200. Longer when the crops are cut this time of year closer the rest of the year.

Most of what I hunt is wide open with few trees and pretty flat. The fields have low spots and channels and the coyotes tend to follow them. Dark nights I like to set up on a hill top though for 360 scanning. That tends to be when I run into the longer shots.