• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Upgrading my bi pod

Gquire

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2022
Louisville Ky
CC27F0A5-3B13-45EF-80B8-ED966507935C.png

Looking at this. Do mostly prone shooting. Would like to try a prs match this year. Will I miss/need pan feature. I am currently using a magpul. I don’t know enough to know if the pan feature is needed tbh
Thanks

I don’t like pan, sold my 5H and an happy with the CAL. You can shift the bipod fairly easily if you need to pan.

Reactions: Gquire
What you chose is a great option

I have the Atlas Cal and TBAC. Both great bipods

An atlas cal is a great option. Just a suggestion, either get the tall version or the leg extensions when you need to go taller.

I like the cal more than the PSR but not enough to replace my PSR. Only thing I’d add to your choice is maybe a different mount. The throw lever style mount from RRS can be easier to use on the clock, especially if you need to dismount it on the fly.

RRS SC-LR

I like the cal more than the PSR but not enough to replace my PSR. Only thing I’d add to your choice is maybe a different mount. The throw lever style mount from RRS can be easier to use on the clock, especially if you need to dismount it on the fly.

RRS SC-LR
Yeah but I like the arca lock feature as I will have the Area 419 Arca lock rail on it. Something to consider though as I don’t know enough to know lol. Thanks

Pan to me is a liability
The CAL is an excellent bipod.
Had a pan model and found out that BT will do a trade in on Atlas bipods so took pics and sent to them (they screen for knock-offs), got approval, sent it in and got partial price credit, and ordered a CALS and I'm quite happy with it.

Cheers

Yeah but I like the arca lock feature as I will have the Area 419 Arca lock rail on it. Something to consider though as I don’t know enough to know lol. Thanks
I ran that on my 419 arca lock rail. Worked great, locked up tight. The nice thing about it is the three position lever. the Biggest advantage is the ease of removal, if I have to dump the bipod, say after a prone shot, one flip of the lever and it’s gone.

View attachment 7807106
Looking at this. Do mostly prone shooting. Would like to try a prs match this year. Will I miss/need pan feature. I am currently using a magpul. I don’t know enough to know if the pan feature is needed tbh
Thanks

are you primarily shooting prone at the range or are you in the field? what caliber rifle are you mounting it on? You are getting a perspective from folks here that pan can be a problem. Others like it. For me, when I’m hunting prairie dogs on a 204, pan on the PSR is awesome. When I’m at the range trying to hit a target at 1k, having the atlas cal is nice. I own both of them, both have a place.

are you primarily shooting prone at the range or are you in the field? what caliber rifle are you mounting it on? You are getting a perspective from folks here that pan can be a problem. Others like it. For me, when I’m hunting prairie dogs on a 204, pan on the PSR is awesome. When I’m at the range trying to hit a target at 1k, having the atlas cal is nice. I own both of them, both have a place.
Prone matches once a month out to 1200. Have not shot a psr match yet. Wanting to this year. I am shooting a 6.5 Creedmoor

View attachment 7807106
Thanks
Pan is a bad idea for bipods - a good one for tripods. Why you ask? Asymmetrical recoil on two legs - not good - think being punched on one shoulder - other shoulder will go forward.

I have a Cal with tilt and it's good. Not perfect, but there are no perfect bipods out there. I want carbon legs with infinite adjustment (no clicks), with legible markings so I can even them out, or better yet, an outside collar that can do the same.