• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upgrading Remington 700 7mm Rem Mag with AICS 1.5

BLDTYLRY

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2011
WA State
I have a Remington 700 XCR 7mm Rem Mag and would like to upgrade by replacing the Hogue stock with a AICS 1.5 Adjustable Stock.

Questions:

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Has anyone here done this? and was is your experience/recommendation?[*]Will the 300 Win Mag AICS Magazine work with 7mm Rem Magnum?[*]Where can I get a new barrel?[/list]
Thanks
Bo

Re: Upgrading Remington 700 7mm Rem Mag with AICS 1.5

One other thing to consider is the 2.0, especially in a long barreled rifle. You will be able to carry it in a shorter case, and easier to store in the safe. It's worth the extra money. I didn't like mine at first, and now I love it. So much so, that I own two of them. Keep in mind that it is very heavy. Best of luck.

Re: Upgrading Remington 700 7mm Rem Mag with AICS 1.5

Thanks for the heads up on he 2.0 chassis, I will definitely consider. As for the barrell, I'd like to have a heavier contour and threaded so I can add a brake.