• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upper for a Mega Maten lower

Smitty192

Stand-up Philosopher
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Deep East Texas
I have a Mega Maten receiver set and I wanted to do a separate upper in a different caliber...I'm sure you can guess the question.

I can't find an Maten upper anywhere. Is there another, readily available upper that will match / fit a Mega Maten lower? I should have researched a little more before I bought the receiver set.

Thanks

I’m certainly no expert at AR legos, but I have a VLTOR-MUR that works really well with my Mega lower. The finish is very slightly different between the two, but since I don’t care about that and like how well the rifle shoots, I’m very happy.

While not cheap, I know the LMT MWS , KAC SR25, and possibly the Larue Tactical UU uppers will fit a Mega Arms Maten lower.

I have a Mega Maten receiver set and I wanted to do a separate upper in a different caliber...I'm sure you can guess the question.

I can't find an Maten upper anywhere. Is there another, readily available upper that will match / fit a Mega Maten lower? I should have researched a little more before I bought the receiver set.

Thanks

Rainier Arms has Mega Maten uppers...

Reactions: Smitty192
I believe that ZEV purchased Mega and just updated the aesthetics but fitment should be the same. As stated JSE was a big distributor, think all the lowers are gone but they still had some uppers last I looked.

I’m certainly no expert at AR legos, but I have a VLTOR-MUR that works really well with my Mega lower. The finish is very slightly different between the two, but since I don’t care about that and like how well the rifle shoots, I’m very happy.
The Maten is a 308 sized AR. A Vltor MUR is for AR15 lower receivers.

I’m in the same boat.

Love Mega and now have a fiery anger deep down for Zev because they killed it. Zev is dead to me. Long live the memory of Mega Arms.

I’ve heard rumors Centurion Arms and Genesis CNC uppers will fit Mega Maten, but I’ve not had the time to purchase and test yet personally (try at your own risk, but let us know if you do!)

I've got a Mega MaTen matched upper and lower. It was a 7-08 build that I had built before suppressors became legal in my state. The gunsmith who chambered the barrel drilled the gasport oversize and I could never get it to shoot reliably with my suppressor so it just sat on my gun rack. I removed the barrel and handguard thinking I would sell the lower and upper about a month ago. Haven't done anything with it since. Its outfitted with all premium components: Geiselle HSNM trigger; Magpul grip and PRS stock; JP low mass operating system. I'd sell it to a Hide member for a good price.

I've got a Mega MaTen matched upper and lower. It was a 7-08 build that I had built before suppressors became legal in my state. The gunsmith who chambered the barrel drilled the gasport oversize and I could never get it to shoot reliably with my suppressor so it just sat on my gun rack. I removed the barrel and handguard thinking I would sell the lower and upper about a month ago. Haven't done anything with it since. Its outfitted with all premium components: Geiselle HSNM trigger; Magpul grip and PRS stock; JP low mass operating system. I'd sell it to a Hide member for a good price.

This guy might be interested.

Thanks for running that down.

Still thinking I want a 17-18" handguard to get the GB under it.

Will certainly keep that one in mind though as the hunt goes on as it'd be nice to have the older MEGA stle upper vice the new Zev design.

The link is for an AR15 platform.

Reactions: JS8588