• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upper for POF lower.

Crispytortilla

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
Ive got a POF 308 lower sitting in my safe and im thinking id like to build it out. Can anybody tell me what uppers fit this lower and if there is any other issues i might need to know about?

Thanks, TW

GA Precision GAP-10 uppers will fit with no issues.

DPMS 308 uppers will fit if you bush the takedown pin hole. I have never done the bushing part but have put a friend's DPMS upper on my POF to see if they line up and they do.
The DPMS 308's use a different takedown pin size(larger) while the POF uses standard AR15 pins. You would need to install a bushing in the hole on the DPMS upper or have a machinist/gunsmith do it. Other than that it will function fine. Search DPMS upper/POF lower for more info.

Last edited:
The P308 lower should fit any DPMS "style" .308 upper
However the rear takedown pin is a standard AR15 size, not sure what
brands of uppers use the smaller rear pin.
Use any standard AR15 LPK to complete your build on the lower (it will also come
with the smaller rear takedown pin) as the larger front pin should have been included
with your stripped lower.
I started with a gen3 P308 lower as well. I purchased a complete P308 upper, my advise would be
for you to do the same. It is worth the the cost
good luck!

Thanks Guys! Does GA sell just uppers? i guess i could just make it a full POF gun. I hated my POF upper for my SBR it was too bulky and the rail sat to high.

I think they only list complete rifles on their site.
they also use the same monolithic rail system as POF as well as the receivers

I thought they looked the same wasn't sure though. The wait time is probably the same for an upper as a full rifle any way! ill email them and see what they can do. thanks MJP86

Just adding my 2c, glad to help
keep in mind the GAP uses gas impingement and as you already know POF uses their piston system
POF also has uppers on sale... just a heads up, not trying to swing you one way or another
A GAP .243 upper might get my attention for the right price:)

Any DPMS pattern upper will work with the addition of two bushings. Hogan out in AZ makes the bushings for $20/each. You'll need two of them. I've had JP uppers and your standard DPMS uppers on my POF lower with no issues...

Any DPMS pattern upper will work with the addition of two bushings. Hogan out in AZ makes the bushings for $20/each. You'll need two of them. I've had JP uppers and your standard DPMS uppers on my POF lower with no issues...

Hogan sells uppers that should fit this as well

I'll check into hogan. You guys have given me plenty of great options. I'll take them all into account and start looking. Thanks again guys.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys! Does GA sell just uppers? i guess i could just make it a full POF gun. I hated my POF upper for my SBR it was too bulky and the rail sat to high.

Yes you can get just an upper. The new handguards look very good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Mixing and matching .308 pattern receivers = asking for trouble

Mixing and matching .308 pattern receivers = asking for trouble
Unfortunately the only option I have for now.
I found 2 .25 ACP brass to bushing my front and rear pins. Will post a picture as soon as I get them ready.

Without bushing DPMS Upper on POF lower:
image1.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2019-05-27-at-14-15-47.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2019-05-27-at-14-15-32.jpg