• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Upper overhanging a lower OK?

I Am Hero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
I have a PSA lower that put together a while ago and just today bought a RRA Varmint A4 upper (slick side) to put on it. I noticed when I got it together that the upper overhangs the lower on each side by about 1/16-1/8".

Is this normal or do I have the wrong pattern lower? I have pics on my phone and can upload then later if need be. Just thought it was weird it hangs over that much.

I guess I just haven't seen one like that in a while, but it's also been a while since I had a varmint gasser.

Last edited:
It is probably just the result of combining the two low tier receivers. If it shoots don't worry about it.

Last edited:
I think it's normal in low end lowers. I had a PSA lower that was too narrow. To the point tht ambi safety had a gap and trigger pins were way to long. Learned my lesson to buy good stuff first time.

Perhaps measure both to find out if it is one or the other or both components. It it is one only and the other is close, you might think about sending that component back in exchange for one more true to spec.

Doc