• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPS can kiss my a$$!

bodywerks

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2010
Tucson,Arizona
Placed an order with powder valley for hard to find lapua 260 brass, 140a max, 139 Scenars, h4350 and done other stuff back in like December. Of course its all stuff that's out of stock again. Anyway, i understand pv has been very busy filing orders and I was patient. But when i got delivery confirmation i was so excited i went home on my lunch break (less than an hour after reported delivery) to get it. Porch was empty...
Call UPS and they say it was left under the front door mat. I said, i don't have a front door mat.
Long story short, they get the driver back into my area and i see him driving up and down streets looking for it. I all if he remembers where he put it, he says he has no clue now. Great.
So I'm sure I'll get credited if they don't find the stuff, but its for shit that nobody has!! To say it ribbed my day is an under statement. I already have an order in for the only thing pv still has in stock (brass). I'm hoping they will bump my order to the front of the line so i can get back to business. I have a little powder and some bullets left, but no brass. Ours all i need to start loading for my new rifle.
Anyway, just venting and pointing out the obvious - UPS SUCKS!!

I work for UPS as a part timer as a college student and I'm right there with you. They hire a bunch of unqualified retards and place them in positions they have no business in being part of. Sure glad I'm not making a career out of working for this company.

I try not to use UPS Ive had a few things go missing and been received by family or friends that have been damaged by what I can only imagine is being dropped from a 2 story building....Plus fedex is closer to my house

Certainly not disputing the horror stories but couple weeks back I bought 1800 rnds of .223 (weighed 52 lbs). I was walking through my office when I saw the UPS guy getting my secretary's signature. I knew right away what it was but was puzzled as I knew I'd given the seller my home address. I asked the driver about it and he said "I went by your house and no one was home and it needed a signature. I was coming this way so I thought I'd bring it to the office". I love small town America.

I'm not crazy about ups. But they were the only shipper in town that would ship my ammo to Texas for the brawl.

Certainly not disputing the horror stories but couple weeks back I bought 1800 rnds of .223 (weighed 52 lbs). I was walking through my office when I saw the UPS guy getting my secretary's signature. I knew right away what it was but was puzzled as I knew I'd given the seller my home address. I asked the driver about it and he said "I went by your house and no one was home and it needed a signature. I was coming this way so I thought I'd bring it to the office". I love small town America.

Good guy delivery driver right there good to see people still take pride in their jobs

I have been with UPS for 15 years. I hate this happened and as with anything that humans are involved in, mistakes happen. Don't give up yet. I'm not sure where you live but we have mapping and gps technology that allows us to use the gps in the driver's board(the thing you sign) and overlay that with mapping software to show where the driver was when he delivered it. Don't give up on us yet. Side note: Remmy, if you are not happy you should leave. There are plenty of people what would love to have the opportunity that you were given. The door works both ways and remember you came to us.

If your address was correct you may come home some evening and find it sitting in your front porch. There's still some good people left in this world.

I never said all employees of UPS were stupid. I'm simply stating that I have yet to meet any coworkers capable of noteworthy cognitive thought.

My UPS delivery guy is a reloader. I always have a good discussion with him when he brings me packages. Plus, I always try to meet him at the truck so I can wisk purchases into the garage before household6 see's them......

UPS in my area has always been the best and right on time with deliveries when they say they'll be there. I'm truly lucky that FedEx has also been great. When a $3200 scope was delivered no one was home, so the driver put his personal cell phone number on the delivery tag. I called him that evening and arranged for delivery the following day with the scope in perfect condition. There are always a few bad apples in each bunch, but the vast majority of worker still take pride in what they do !!! On a side note, I always try to buy American made products and have always found excellent quality.

Our UPS driver is the best. Packages are always left in a safe place and arrive on due date indicated by tracking . The driver even has a dog treat for my jack russel. No problems here in Indiana.

yep in a here in a town of 3000 the drivers know every one and when not home most will bring package to where you work. Living in the middle of nowhere has its benifits some times

I've been lucky and haven't had any issues with UPS or FedEx. I sure hope it stays that way.

Same here. My UPS guy is awesome. He always sets the packages inside the door of my breezeway between house and garage. And if someone hasn't grabbed the paper that they throw at the end of the driveway, he'll pick it up and put it with the packages. If a signature is required, he'll call and let me know what time he'll be at my house. He's a good dude and I always get him a gift card around Christmas time.

Our delivery guys are pretty good and a big dog that lays right beside our door helps keep anyone wanting to grab any deliveries helps a lot.

But just can't help wondering, Wouldn't a delivery that big look kinda odd with a door mat trying to hide the box?

Topstrap

I have a PV order UPS put on a crooked neighbors door across the street a few years back. UPS said opps, the guy said he never got it as I saw it inside the door. I had to call the police & UPS guy went to the house w/me and all of a sudden he "found" it.
A year later he stopped over to appologize since he had drug issues....I almost beat him, but took the appolgy is stride instead.

It all comes down to ppl takin pride in what they do. It shouldnt matter if your flipping burgers or a ceo your getting paid to do somthing so do it to the best you can. I have never had a problem with ups fedex or usps the ups guy is a really nice guy. If they guy made a honest mistake dont avoid the whole company because of it

...but we have mapping and gps technology that allows us to use the gps in the driver's board...

Several months ago an overnight package did not show up. I ran the tracking number and it showed delivered. I called Fedex and they told me what address it was delivered to. I sent a guy to pick it up and he said it was an empty house about half a mile from our business. He also said there were several other packages with various addresses by the door.

We have both Fed Ex and UPS. I use Fed Ex and USPS as much as possible because of several bad experiences with Brown. Sometimes, when getting deliveries, Brown is all you can choose. That's when I cross my fingers and pray.

Just had a similar happening with UPS and Powder Valley. I had some bullets, mostly .30 caliber being delivered after a long back order along with powder. The box came with a huge hole in the bottom with some packing tape overit. I opened the box and not a single bullet to be found out of the 1200 I ordered. But the 8lbs of powder were all there. I called PV and they said this is a common occurance with UPS as there are a lot of shooters that work for them and I they would put in a claim but not to get my hopes up. Oh and by the way we have no idea when we will be able to replace your order, everything is backordered. Hope yours shows up, its been two weeks and I haven't heard anything from either company. I will be making some follow up calls, this thread got my blood boiling again.

Sounds like it depends on the driver. I always choose UPS if I have a choice. Had some major problems with Fedex last year, ended up the regular driver went on vacation and the replacement wouldn't even get back with Fedex to tell them where he delivered my packages...

This is my third problem with them in a year. First time, same thing - delivery confirmation email. Its not at my door. I call and they said it shows delivered to xxxx e stone ave. I said good for you, but i live at xxxx e stony meadow Dr. they said "oops". I told them that i needed that stuff like, yesterday, so I'm going to have to place another order. If you find it, return it to sender. They said "sure thing". Two weeks later, a mangled up box is at my door. Had to take package to a UPS store and tell them i am hereby denying this package, return to sender. Took three different attempts to get a driver to accept the rejected package and all in all 2 months for me to finally get my money back.
Last one was some hardware from kmw. He shipped it. I get confirmation via instal that it has been shipped by him and i let it go at that. A week later i still don't have it. I look at the taking again and it still says "at origin facility". I call Terry and tell him UPS fucked us. Two days later i look at the tracking and it now says in transit. No sorry from UPS, now upgrade in shipping priority, nothing. Took over two weeks to get a a 12oz package across 3 states.
I hope a neighbor has it and brings it to me. I won't be calling UPS. I'll let them sweat it out...

My UPS guy is OK, if i'm not home, the gate is locked, he leaves it under a cedar tree in front, wrapped in a large plastic bag. My issue is with FedEx here lately. Ordered some mags from Taurus, and they shipped FX. I happen to be home one day, hear the dogs barking, and see the FX guy driving up the drive way. As I make it outside, he's backing up the drive. He finally stops and yell's out, "it's by the front door"..... lazy tard didn't even ring the bell or want a signature. I could understand if I wasn't home, but geez....

I would rather use the USPS for shipping. UPS and fed ex are alright in my area but just don't seem o care as much as the USPS IMHO.

Getting to know your UPS package car driver pays BIG dividends in ensuring your stuff doesn't get jacked with...it can also help pattern when deliveries will come to your house (4:30-5:30pm for us).

Our driver brings my black lab dog treats half the time.

Ups is fine, but my driver blows. He maces my dogs and breaks my stuff. FedEx can't "find" my house in BFE, so stuff goes back to the hub, 50 miles away. I only buy usps or ups, and have ups shipped to my work address, different driver.

Never had an issue with UPS (except the on day they turfed my yard). I called in and apparently the driver had told his superior incase I called in, along with a message to pass along with me stating "I'm sorry, I was in a rush, I'll be out personally this weekend to fix the yard and spread grass seed". That very weekend he showed up and I helped him fix the rut. He also helped me carry off a few branches- completely unrelated to to the ruts in my grass. +1 for ups in my area.

Ups is fine, but my driver blows. He maces my dogs and breaks my stuff. FedEx can't "find" my house in BFE, so stuff goes back to the hub, 50 miles away. I only buy usps or ups, and have ups shipped to my work address, different driver.

A guy did that to my dog growing up when it wasn't even looking at him or threatening at all. The next time he came by she wouldn't let him off the truck lol. They remember.

TOOOOO many bad experiences with UPS. Especially with the bullet orders. Holes in packaging and bullets laying on ground around delivery. I try to use USPS and that ain't saying much. Boils down to what the melting pot has to offer these days.

This is my third problem with them in a year. First time, same thing - delivery confirmation email. Its not at my door. I call and they said it shows delivered to xxxx e stone ave. I said good for you, but i live at xxxx e stony meadow Dr. they said "oops". I told them that i needed that stuff like, yesterday, so I'm going to have to place another order. If you find it, return it to sender. They said "sure thing". Two weeks later, a mangled up box is at my door. Had to take package to a UPS store and tell them i am hereby denying this package, return to sender. Took three different attempts to get a driver to accept the rejected package and all in all 2 months for me to finally get my money back.
Last one was some hardware from kmw. He shipped it. I get confirmation via instal that it has been shipped by him and i let it go at that. A week later i still don't have it. I look at the taking again and it still says "at origin facility". I call Terry and tell him UPS fucked us. Two days later i look at the tracking and it now says in transit. No sorry from UPS, now upgrade in shipping priority, nothing. Took over two weeks to get a a 12oz package across 3 states.
I hope a neighbor has it and brings it to me. I won't be calling UPS. I'll let them sweat it out...

And yesterday marks the 4th time in a year!
I ordered hard to find 300otm's from Natchez. I get the shipping confirmation and it expected 6/3 for delivery. Yesterday comes and goes.
I call Natchez and they show it delivered yesterday "on front door mat". Again, i don't have a door mat. Here we go again...
Of coarse, Natchez doesn't have any more in stock:(:mad::banghead:

I work for UPS as a part timer as a college student and I'm right there with you. They hire a bunch of unqualified retards and place them in positions they have no business in being part of. Sure glad I'm not making a career out of working for this company.

I loaded trailers back in HS, in the late 70s, so I know that end of it, but how hard is it to read the label, check the street you're presently on and then match up the address on the door, mailbox, or curb?

Most of my drivers, over the years, have been pretty much literate and functioning, they're not dolts and they do the same thing over and over again, during the course of a day, so they get a lot of practice.

While I'm not a UPS fanboi, they do deliver over 12,000,000,000 packages a year, so even if they're 99.9% perfect, some are going to slip through the cracks, but leaving things at the wrong address seems to be a bit on the retarded side of the equation, to me.

Chris

All of our retard drivers deliver to the right house, never had a problem, yet. I got my 500 105HPBTs last week from PV.

I feel I can relate to almost each story good and bad. I think it honestly boils down to the "driver" , when my regular guy is working, he's really good. I hate when he goes on vacation as the "fill-ins" seem to be the worst. A while back I ordered a dewey rod from Sinclair's , I saw the "fill-in" guy trying to leave the obviously broken in half tube at my garage, when I confronted him, he kinda was embarrassed and asked me if I though it was damaged?........fuckin duh! , so I didn't accept it, Sinclair had another one out to me no problem whatsoever, got that quicker than the original order

I think I have many an ulcer from waiting for those real important deliveries like scopes n stuff

I like my UPS guy. But....the first time I actually talked to him....I almost shot him and buried his body in the desert.

OK, here is the story with clarifications and reasons for that.

My wife works for Macy's and she gets a LOT of packages from work delivered by UPS to our house.
I have a very recognizable rock crawler.
I wheel a lot, and shoot a lot.
I ALWAYS carry concealed, no matter where I go.
My UPS delivery driver has a Jeep....and a good memory.

Here is the story.

One weekend while wheeling about 80 miles away from my house in the middle of the desert, a guy I have never met pulls up in a Jeep. He looks at me, looks at my crawler, and says to me..."You live at XXXX W. XXXX Ln., your wife works at Macy's and her name is Regina, she drives a red Mustang, and you drive a black F-250 and a white work truck....". About then, I am slowly reaching for my handgun on my hip and he continues with...."I work for UPS and I deliver to your house about once a week!" That last comment saved his life, I swear. I was thinking this guy is a stalker and needs to go away.....permanently.

After that, he would stop and talk to me whenever he would see me outside (which is often). Great guy, and he goes the extra mile to do a great job.

Not exactly what my drivers look like......funny though.

UPS is the best in our area with USPS being the worst. I get a lot of business materials shipped to my home and I ship out a lot. Based on what I see I only use UPS. Not perfect but, in my experience, better than the rest. USPS lost a $1200 order I sent out and most recently they only delivered a lot of 45acp bullets after delivering them to a nice elderly nieghbor lady who was not home while having her mail held. I have also noticed that there is a consistant problem with packages clearly labeled/identified as shooting related with USPS.

The other thing I have noticed is that heavy things like bullets just dont get packaged well enough for any of the carriers. Most of the time its not a a problem but if they used better cardboard, more tape etc things would arrive better.

I hope BodyWerks gets his delivery.

waiting on one right now from PVI via UPS. Hope it makes it today like it is supposed too. I've already been out the gate once, 3 Heelers run the property.

I have had good luck with UPS, FedEx (Air), and USPS. I did get a package from UPS recently that was damaged and had 2K primers missing. The shipper made good, but obviously they were out of stock, so I got a refund, not primers.

Years ago, my FedEx driver looked almost that good, not quite the outfit, but a drop dead goreous red head. :)

My UPS guy in the same time frame used to have dog cookies and fed the dogs. One day I was out with one of the dogs, after he pulled in. He was in the back of the truck, and was moving some things around, so the dog got impatient and climbed into the truck. He tells her hi, and he would be right out with her cookie. She came back out and sat and waited. :)

My UPS driver is an awesome guy! But i live in a little town..

Same here. One of the few GOOD deals of rural living. We have the SAME UPS guy all the time...except for his vacations. Been here since 1985 and we are on our 3rd driver. ALL of them great guys.

Nothing short circuits them, if the address is slightly wrong, misspelled name, etc...they figure it out.

FN in MT