• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPS charges getting ridiculous...

2guard

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2008
nashville, tn
Shipped some ammo today, 2 boxes of 7.62x39,20 rounds each to be exact, and the box was 8x4x4" and weighed 2 lbs. UPS charged me $15.40 to ship it from TN to IL. It was a residential address, but I have a business account I ship from, which I drop the package off at the nearest hub (not a ups store). Sounds a little crazy to me for such a small package. I normally use Fedex or USPS, but I use UPS to ship ammo every now and then. The day before, I shipped a barrel and a box of ammo (in the same box, approx 30x5x5) and it only cost $17.20 and went to new york. Needless to say, I will not be shipping any more ammo with them, so I guess I will have a stockpile in the future of ammo that I don't have guns for.
Just venting...

Re: UPS charges getting ridiculous...

USPS costs less. Many USPS offices now have those kiosks, so you can ship 24/7. If you pay for shipping electronically you get even more of a discount. And if you can fit your ammo into a flat rate box, you are practically stealing from them.

Regarding UPS(that crappy brown company) and a few others, it is not about "Quality of service" near so much as it IS about "quantity of Profit"!

yeah, I don't have much good to say about them. No way.

UPS......pronounced

Oops

Un Professional Shipping

Universally Poor Service

Now you know why they call it "Brown"

Etc.

Bitch and moan.
What are we to do?
We got fed ex and ups as most choicess.

Expensive?
life is too exspensive I heard it said yesterday.

Support the federal government...use USPS
smile.gif

Once the package gets larger such as a full rifle, then UPS is the less expensive option for sure.

Shippped a bow case with a bow in it in one box and a second box with arrows....$89 for the two to go to Tx.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Support the federal government...use USPS
smile.gif
</div></div>

I did not think we could use the govt for shippin gunz an ammo?
usps?
Any one got the info,link on that one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 152</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I did not think we could use the govt for shippin gunz an ammo?
usps?
Any one got the info,link on that one? </div></div>

Brass and bullets are GTG, but no loaded ammo, primers, or powder.Long guns are also GTG but handguns are FFL to FFL only. I use them almost exclusively for shipping less driving and a lot less problems than UPS/FedEx.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bedlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USPS costs less. Many USPS offices now have those kiosks, so you can ship 24/7. If you pay for shipping electronically you get even more of a discount. <span style="font-weight: bold">And if you can fit your ammo into a flat rate box, you are practically stealing from them.</span> </div></div>

I thought about doing this until it was pointed out to me that it's a felony. Flat rate priority boxes go on airplanes and loaded ammo is a big no no apparently.

A heavy rifle will cost you about 90 bucks to ship usps vs about 60 via UPS

UPS also performs a size/weight ratio adjustment on boxes that are shipped through a business that has an account. Count on 10% more when you get the invoice. The printed tag means squat. They also stick it to you when the parcel is not in cardboard. They say a Pelican case is harder to handle than a box that size. WTF EVER! They screw you but it's better than driving.

It's cheaper to ship to a commercial address. Just my .02.

I have yet to have UPS beat the price of USPS. I try to use the flat rates whenever possible. The only problem is once in a while having to show them their own regs. Outside of that, no problems.

Yeah the big problem with ups is that they have to turn a profit...stupid capitalism.

You cannot ship ammo through usps unless you are a dealer,if you do you are breaking usps rules,thats why you have to ship through ups.

i always ship guns/anything except ammo usps. has some to do with times/location of ups hub,but,still like usps better. however,they have gone up lately and their insurance rates have gone up a bunch.

Last week i shipped a box 2"x2"x27" that was 3 1/2 lbs from VA to NC. cost $23.50 and i didn't even get a kiss or a reach around from ups. MM

I know ammo is expensive to ship in general, but it costs me $40 to ship a box with 200rds and about 15 lbs in other stuff. It was across the country, but damn. I won't ship ammo through them anymore, I am not willing to take a loss on it with because of shipping.

The prices are getting high. What pisses me off is I just ordered powder and I can not get the stuff. (sorry sir you need to be home to get it. We can not change the address nor can we have you pick it up at our place.) So it is OK to sit in their place over the weekend but hell no on having it sit there until 0800 when they open for public pickup so I can get it. I guess I will be taking a day off and I also know where to drop off my old motor oil.