• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPS/ Fed-Ex Firearms Shippers Compliance

FisherT&C

Competition Rifle Barrelwork CAGE:9SLZ8
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 1, 2020
    Montana
    http
    Has anyone who holds an FFL gone through the Firearms Shippers Compliance with either UPS or Fed Ex?

I went through it with UPS and can't access my accounts or add them to my existing account because it ask for a PIN number I do not have.

I'm trying to go through it with Fed-Ex and nobody at customer service seems to know what to do.

I have just been using USPS due to less hassle but it is more expensive.

Have any of you FFL holders been through the process successfully?

UPDATE: Fed-Ex says I don't qualify due to volume.

Last edited:
    Laws changed, it's been discussed here many times.

Each carrier has a choice as to who they will serve, and the two big ones chose to drop regular citizens to simply avoid having to try and stay ahead of the laws.

Stomp your feet as much as you want, they could refuse service to people not wearing a blue tie if they so choose.

Yet they still get to use govt funded airframes?

That's shit.
    Which airframes are those? I’d bet fed ex and ups own their planes almost outright. I mean hell they are still flying md10’s and 11’s which haven’t been built in 40 years

Which airframes are those? I’d bet fed ex and ups own their planes almost outright. I mean hell they are still flying md10’s and 11’s which haven’t been built in 40 years

FEDEX has been carrying USPS mail in their planes for decades now, they also get to use USPS sorting centers for final delivery at discounted rates (Surepost? UPS and FEDEX). So technically he's correct, they are using taxpayer funded planes and then they use taxpayer funded USPS centers for final delivery of their items. I believe Amazon also got some sort of heavily discounted shipping rate @ USPS too.

I use shippo.com, and don't tell 'em shit because it's none of their damn business. When you see the rates, thank me later.

The only downside, if you're insuring firearms, their 3rd party insurance doesn't cover firearms. However, word is that you can negotiate with them directly and set something up, I haven't tried myself though.

Branden