• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

urban tactical rifle

blacklable

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2009
michigan
What does everyone think about the romak 3 psl? ive been looking for a rifle for urban length engagements on my farm 100-600 yards for critters.I read on the psl on got good things and bad.Does anyone have anything better ideas wise.btw no .223/5.56 anything bigger caliber.
thanks in advance
-Mike

Re: urban tactical rifle

"Urban length engagements on [your] farm"...now THERE is a contradiction in terms!!!
wink.gif

Any DPMS or Armalite 308 semi-auto would much better serve your needs than the PSL. Not that the PSL is a bad rifle per se, but engaging smaller targets (varmints, yotes, etc.) accurately to 600yds may be a bit much to ask. They are consistently 2-3MOA rifles at best.

With the DPMS/Armalite, you get a rifle capable of MOA or better accuracy (depending on model), ease of mounting a variety of optics/accessories, US-made, warrantied in case any issues would arise (although unlikely), ease of obtaining magazines/parts/accessories, the 308/7.62x51 will have much more available in terms of variety of commercial ammo, the list goes on and on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blacklable</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ive been looking for a rifle for urban length engagements on my farm 100-600 yards for critters.</div></div>

Mike, sounds like you've got some serious critter problem over there if you get into "engagements" with them!

Keep safe!!
laugh.gif

I chose the MK14 for urban length engagements on my farm.
The MK14 is an M1A/M14 with an 18.0" barrel in a SAGE EBR stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blacklable</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does everyone think about the romak 3 psl? ive been looking for a rifle for urban length engagements on my farm 100-600 yards for critters.I read on the psl on got good things and bad.Does anyone have anything better ideas wise.btw no .223/5.56 anything bigger caliber.
thanks in advance
-Mike </div></div>

That thing is longer than a piece of rope...Do you also plan to pole vault with that also?

AR-10 (LWRC, OBR, etc) with a 18” barrel and have a day of it