• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Urc night predator/fun shoot!!

G

M25BeastShooterXCorporal
Rating: 3.0/5 this site
67 posts this site
URC NIGHT PREDATOR/FUN SHOOT!!
11/16/2016

University Rifle Club Exeter PA will be starting a Night Predator/Varmint/FUN practice shoot. The purpose of this shoot will be to zero your night vision scopes, practice night shooting techniques, varmint/predator practice (Coyote and other varmint targets), as well as steel!

Shoots start 14 January (2nd Saturday) then will continue till April.

Start times are at dusk.

$10.00 for members $20.00 Non members

Shooting will start at or about dark NON SUPPRESSED RIFLES ALLOWED TlLL 7:00 pm We will break/go cold and allow non suppressed shooters to depart range.

Range will be SEALED prior to range going hot. Shooters will be required to stay until mid point range break at 7:00 or till cease fire at 9:30 for accountability/safety. Club house will have wood stove going and hot beverages available for comfort and safety

SUPPRESSED ONLY 7:30 pm til 9:30 pm

Ranges will be from 25 yard for zeroing if needed out to 350 yard steel

Shooters can use red, green lights, passive NV, IR lasers, CLUB WILL HAVE GREEN LASER SPOTTERS TO PAINT TARGETS. NO WHITE LIGHT SPOTTING

Shooters will need to bring a white for safety. NFA paperwork and rules will be obeyed

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT Rick Ellwanger at [email protected] or 215-852-8847

Rate now:
fargo007XFirst Sergeant
Rating: 3.1/5 this site
1093 posts this site
Re: URC NIGHT PREDATOR/FUN SHOOT!!
01/14/2017

Attended this, and it was excellent. Well run with thorough safety protocols and lots of fun.

Targets were illuminated with green laser, blacklight & florescent paint, and white light at distance.

It was a great opportunity to test out your gear.

I shot both my DMR and RECCE rigs and got solid hits. Overall it was a great shakeout of gear and a reminder that fundamentals and consistency matter. You can't see scope shadow at night.

Also glass quality tends to matter a lot more when it gets dark.

Rate now:
grocknrollXPrivate
Rating: 0.0/5 this site
4 posts this site
01/24/2017

Going to try and make next month's.
Rate now:
EGZ210XCorporal
Rating: 3.0/5 this site
78 posts this site
01/27/2017

Is it always the 2nd saturday of the month?

Rate now:
fargo007XFirst Sergeant
1093 posts this site
Sunday at 9:27 AM

Next one is March.

At this point it's not a regularly scheduled event like that, but the possibility to expand is there if the attendance supports it.

Rate now:
JWilhelm
JWilhelm.jpg

XSergeant
156 posts this site
Monday at 3:18 PM Last edited Monday at 5:46 PM by JWilhelm

I am planning on attending. Might do unsuppressed RECCE early, and then suppressed DMR with better optics later.

Rate now:
fargo007XFirst Sergeant
1093 posts this site
Monday at 4:10 PM

I found it to be a really great observation exercise in terms of the effectiveness of good optics in low light and darkness.

I was able to detect targets all the way out, albeit very faintly.