• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Urgent ar15 needed

rdinak

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2003
Birmingham, AL
I am visiting my son in Fort Bragg. . He is a fine young officer and I am a proud old father. For the 4th of July I purchased him a nice AR 15 lower, PSA premium upper and Nickle boron BCG. Tried the blot carrier group in 3 different uppers and it was too tight in all 3. What am I am missing. With an abundance of lube and experience we can not make it work in every upper we own. Is it possible we got a bad BCG and it needs to be returned> No matter what we try it jams,fails to feed and will not work.

Not my first rodeo but have never seen anything like this.....

Please advise?

Tried thee different types of factory ammo., different mags including magpul mags.,,,,,everything thing worked fine in my Colt and nothing with this one BCG. Even after a few single round feeds... there was nothing we could do to get it to work.

Suggestions?

For the 4th of July I purchased him a nice AR 15 lower, PSA premium upper and Nickle boron BCG. Tried the blot carrier group in 3 different uppers and it was too tight in all 3.

Your question is pregnant with its own answer. NiB coated parts are novelty items. PSA has been known to retail parts that are less than adequate. Send it back and purchase a known quality bolt group from a reputable source. I'd recommend Y/M if you want a recommendation.

Sir,

Coatings are cool and sound great in an ad. Just think though of how many little privates there are running around day in/out with plain jane M4 ' s who execute USA ' s foreign policy on a daily basis.

The loudest sound in a gunfight is still "click".

Good luck.

c.

The coating is not the issue. Even with the coating, the thing should almost rattle around in a spec upper.
Your carrier is out of spec or the key is bent or out of spec.

You could pretty easily see what is exactly up but don't. It should not be your issue to resolve. Return the BCG and get a brand with good track record.

I have seen a bunch of keys lately that are installed 'CattyWampus' (Southern Technical Engineering Term) and as a result will not run freeling the in the channel.
This can be corrected, with the proper techniques.
Minuteman Tactical is right there and they should be able to positively identify if not repair immediatley, if not there are a couple of others right there I can put you in touch with that could help.

Check the gas tube alignment. Look at the upper receiver from it's underside, see if the gas tube appears to be angled one way or the other. This may cause the bolt carrier key to bind as the gas tube enters it. Minor misalignment may work but will wear, severe and it will bind. The gas tube should be centered and with zero tension laterally.

Seems like everyone now-a-days make AR parts. A year ago they were fat n happy. Now, not so much as the insanity has subsided. I would get a refund and as stated above, go with a name brand. Problem is as most of the "new" AR builders watched a youtube video and SHAZAM.....they are the chitz in AR's.