• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

URSA 3000 Yard Challenge (2023) - Event Recap

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
Apr 25 2023 - Recap of the 2023 URSA 3000 Yard Challenge event (by RD, Lynn Dragoman; build info from Oscar)

Shooters - The winds were wreaking havoc at 2630 yards once again with all shooters using 3.4 or 10+ MOA for each shot depending on chambering and wind. We went hot at 9 AM due to shading on the gong. When the dust settled Lynn took home the win shooting his 375 Cheytac and our own RickyRacer87 was Runner-Up one shot back with his 33XC.

Amanda won the 1st place raffle prize, a 338 rifle Congrats Amanda!! Last year's 3K Match winner Calshipbuilder won the 2nd place raffle prize, a 4.050 MDT magazine setup for his chassis - when installed we’ll see how it all works. Lynn won a 8 pound jug of H50BMG powder for 3rd place in the raffle.

Weather was sunny all day but the winds were relentless with nobody getting a hit at 3400 yards during our fun shoot after the 3K match.

Next match is 3rd Sunday in May (5/21). See you there.

Lynn, was shooting 400 gr. Cutting Edge Lazers out of his Tamagni-barreled 375 CT with Stiller TAC 408 (TAC DRIVER) action, Bartlein 36” barrel, McMillan LBR stock, March 5-42 Wide Angle scope, and Burris XTR rings on a 70 MOA Pic rail.

RickyRacer87 was shooting 300 gr Hornady A-Tips out of his Billy Goat Machine-built 33XC with BGM Ovis (Defiance Deviant Tactical) action, 31” Lothar Walther bull barrel, Manners T-5A stock, and Nightforce 7-35x56 ATACR scope on an ERATAC 0-70 MOA base and rings.

Reactions: kb300w
There is a spinoff club shooting at our original location with a different format full of nice shooters.
I believe they go by the name southwest shooters?
I have not shot there format but many of them post here.

There is a spinoff club shooting at our original location with a different format full of nice shooters.
I believe they go by the name southwest shooters?
I have not shot there format but many of them post here.
If anyone’s got info on this be much appreciated. My folks have a vacation home in Palm Springs and be easy for me to tie one of these shoots into a vacation.

Any plans to host more events at the SoCal location?
We tried SoCal for the 2022 3K but did not get the sign-ups needed. If enough folks were interested we could run the 2024 3K there. PM me if you are interested.

SouthWest ULR may still be shooting in SoCal but their website appears gone and their FB page is "closed group". Try contacting them thru their FB page - by requesting membership - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1021525754673338/ .

Good luck.