• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

URSA to submit match data for Ko2M shooter ranking - UPDATE #3 (BLUE)

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
URSA to submit match data for Ko2M shooter ranking - UPDATE #3 (BLUE)

We are pleased to announce that we have come to an agreement with the Ko2M organizers that will allow URSA shooters, that are interested, to have their URSA shooting data submitted to Ko2M staff for Ko2M shooter ranking.

Interested shooters will need to:

1. Provide their name (not a handle or another non-real/non-accurate name).

2. Shoot off the ground using a bipod or a bipod off a bipod riser (not a platform that supports more than the bipod)

3. Limit their rifle’s weight to 50#; shooter to declare rifle weight during registration (on the online form - just add "Ko2M xx lb" in the "shooting position" field).

4. Declare caliber being shot.

URSA will (in regards Ko2M data submittals ONLY):

1. Only count hits and misses on the first 5 shots taken at each distance (thus the first 5 practice shots at the initial distance and the first 5 shots, practice and record, at further distances). NOTE: "...less than 2/5 (and) that target and all subsequent targets are dropped as far as rank contribution goes." And only the first match of the day will be considered (since Ko2M requires at least a one-hour delay before a second match, a delay which would be an unreasonable imposition on non-Ko2M shooters). Added 06022023 - “Ranking requires at least the first two targets to be hit at least twice during the same match/event.” Thus at least 2 hits in the first 5 shots on the first and second targets (first and second distances), minimum first 2 targets/distances for ranking.

2. Only retain and submit data IF the shooter confirms their intent/authorization, for Ko2M submission purposes, by annotating (signing) their registration form for that purpose (separate signature from the liability waiver) before the end of the match during which the associated shooting was done.

3. Continue to score using flashers BUT will concurrently capture video of the target to act as a back-up to help in confirming or reversing the range officer’s hit-or-miss call IF the shooter promptly protest’s a call. The shooter’s protest must be made by the shooter and be made immediately, i.e., before taking the next shot or moving on to the next shooter. The range officer’s call on protested calls shall be final.

The first opportunity to take advantage of this opportunity will be this month’s (February’s) event. See that thread - https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/ursa-norcal-sunday-february-19-2023.7159318/

Last edited:
Ouch our first 2 targets are 2147 yards and 2630 yards and from what I see of other match reports most shooters struggle at those distances even after getting there wind from the previous 3 distances

Ouch our first 2 targets are 2147 yards and 2630 yards and from what I see of other match reports most shooters struggle at those distances even after getting there wind from the previous 3 distances
Even harder since most people try to run targets (if they can afford the steel) that are 2 MOA tall and wide making a 37 inch circle a significantly smaller target. It is also smaller than engagement size for just about every caliber. Most guns are very optimistically 1 MOA guns and by your second target, you need to have your wind call accurate to under 1 MPH to reliably hit the plate with skill alone. I suggest animal sacrifice to appease the wind gods. The wind gods are fond of dry rub mesquite BBQ lamb btw ;)

With 2 MOA square targets only about 50 people in the world have worked their way out to 2700+ in the rankings. Ain't easy in the best of cases. 50 of the best shooters in the country shot CtC heavy and only 5 of them hit twice out to 2639 but one of them whipped it out in front of everyone and went to 3413...

-Alex

Last edited:
Reactions: DIBBS
Even harder since most people try to run targets (if they can afford the steel) that are 2 MOA tall and wide making a 37 inch circle a significantly smaller target. It is also smaller than engagement size for just about every caliber. Most guns are very optimistically 1 MOA guns and by your second target, you need to have your wind call accurate to under 1 MPH to reliably hit the plate with skill alone. I suggest animal sacrifice to appease the wind gods. The wind gods are fond of dry rub mesquite BBQ lamb btw ;)

With 2 MOA square targets only about 50 people in the world have worked their way out to 2700+ in the rankings. Ain't easy in the best of cases. 50 of the best shooters in the country shot CtC heavy and only 5 of them hit twice out to 2639 but one of them whipped it out in front of everyone and went to 3413...

-Alex
Well one of our lucky shooters shot out to 2500 yard and hit 9/10 and Myself have also hit 6/10 at the same distance... Sure nice to be that lucky and not have any skill what so every...

Well one of our lucky shooters shot out to 2500 yard and hit 9/10 and Myself have also hit 6/10 at the same distance... Sure nice to be that lucky and not have any skill what so every...
Bout a hundred of us watched Lyndsey go 3/5 at two miles so greatness is always possible. Conditions are a big part of what ranges are possible though.

If I may ask, how'd you guys do on your first 5 practice shots?

-Alex

I don't have Oscar send in my scores because I shoot from a bench due to a broken neck injury and can't submit but most shooters didn't shoot the practice shots.
Our course of fire since the points have been added is now we see shooters coming out of the truck with fouled rifles ready to go.
In the past shooters would take a shot or two to foul a cleaned barrel and see a splash.
We added the scoring at the request of one of our worst shooters who no longer comes out to shoot and he is top 250 on your list.
Our course of fire allows 7 shots then 3 then 10 to qualify with 3 hits at 2147 yards.
Most of our regulars would qualify then stop shooting to save on barrel wear but we always have shooters who used every shot.
The shooter who went 9/10 at 2630 yards competes in all sorts of prs type matches and actually wouldn't have received any points. He took 3 practice shots without a hit then made his correction and went hot missing his 1st shot then going 9 straight.
Today with the scoring added he most likely would have made a correction after his 1st shot and went hot.
Our shooters run the full gambit so we shall see if the points even matter. Our last winner last month didn't want his name listed so his scores didn't get submitted.
I should be in Coalinga today for a FCSA match but I am painting a truck instead.

I don't have Oscar send in my scores because I shoot from a bench due to a broken neck injury and can't submit but most shooters didn't shoot the practice shots.
Our course of fire since the points have been added is now we see shooters coming out of the truck with fouled rifles ready to go.
In the past shooters would take a shot or two to foul a cleaned barrel and see a splash.
We added the scoring at the request of one of our worst shooters who no longer comes out to shoot and he is top 250 on your list.
Our course of fire allows 7 shots then 3 then 10 to qualify with 3 hits at 2147 yards.
Most of our regulars would qualify then stop shooting to save on barrel wear but we always have shooters who used every shot.
The shooter who went 9/10 at 2630 yards competes in all sorts of prs type matches and actually wouldn't have received any points. He took 3 practice shots without a hit then made his correction and went hot missing his 1st shot then going 9 straight.
Today with the scoring added he most likely would have made a correction after his 1st shot and went hot.
Our shooters run the full gambit so we shall see if the points even matter. Our last winner last month didn't want his name listed so his scores didn't get submitted.
I should be in Coalinga today for a FCSA match but I am painting a truck instead.
I usually only publish pseudonyms for Ukrainians but I am fine with doing it for anyone that requests it. I gather from Oscar that a lot of shooters in PRC have concerns about being named. Not an issue to extend ospec to y'all if that is really a barrier.

-Alex

Bit late to this one. Best tuner I ever had was a McIntosh MR 71.

1696988596303.png

But Marantz made a great on as well.

Reactions: RickyRacer87
Bit late to this one. Best tuner I ever had was a McIntosh MR 71.

View attachment 8246140

But Marantz made a great on as well.
Heh... we had more turn tables come through for review but I have a distinct memory of the interior of that. The coil was massive. Something like 4" diameter and the better part of a foot long. Made the tuning coil on the radios I made as a kid seem like a joke.

-Alex

Reactions: Maggot