• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Us 6.5 Creedmoor guys are moving up

3gunF1guy

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2006
Alpine, Utah
It's official, us 6.5 Creedmoor shooters are moving up in the world:)
smile.gif
I was in Cabelas loooking around and what did I see.. Holy crap they are carring 6.5 Creedmoor brass. They even had a shelf sticker for it. I purchased the only box of they had. I wonder if they will get any more in??? Or maybe when they ordered stuff from Hornady they just threw in everything they had in the Hornady warehouse in a box and sent it to Cabelas. Some Creedmoor brass must have been laying around and it got tossed in the box
laugh.gif
so Cabelas accidently got it. Or, hope upon hope, maybe someone at Cabelas ordered it and we will see more Creedmoor stuff at the local shooting supply stores.

Scott

Re: Us 6.5 Creedmoor guys are moving up

nice! now us non creedmoor owners just need to get the rifles!

ahh i want one soo bad! but i wasnt about to wat 1 year or longer for it!

Well get ordering them i am sure GAP is willing to build it for you.

I'm sure there's gunsmiths with the tooling to do Rem 700's and other such actions that would be happy to do it for you. FWIW, reamer's aren't that expensive and we all know where to get 6.5mm match barrels.

If you own the reamer and walk into your 'smiths shop with the stuff I'm sure they'd do it for you.

Grafs stocks the brass online. Takes about a week to get here for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyreloader</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody building a 6.5 CM on a long action?

I have LA Win70 that needs a new barrel/ </div></div>

There's no reason you couldn't, but the 6.5CM was specifically designed for use in a SA. A 140gr match bullet seated to the base of the case neck will give you ~2.850" COAL. You wouldn't gain too much by going to a LA.

23szwn9.jpg

Just received my GAP 6.5 Creedmoor last Friday. Haven't been able to hit the range yet, but I can tell you that I already love it.

Great looking tool Outlaw!! I'm getting the 6.5 fever badly!!!

outlaw,

That thing is sexy! be sure to let us know how it shoots!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jv101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice! now us non creedmoor owners just need to get the rifles!

ahh i want one soo bad! but i wasnt about to wat 1 year or longer for it! </div></div>

How long are you willing to wait for the wait to go down??? o, I'll sell ya mine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is hornady doing anything about the suposed soft brass? Lee</div></div>

Not sure but I am on the third load with the 140s at 2850fps and the primer pockets are nice and tight. No problems here with soft brass and mine all came from loaded cartridges. Might have been some of the original stuff was softer but I haven't run into that problem.

My Hornady brass is the original stuff as I have been shooting the cartridge since it was announced and my brass came from Dennis' first batch, I believe. My brass IS soft, as is most Horny brass. But, it still one heck of a cartridge and if we can get some Lapua class brass for it, look out! In the meantime, I just keep my loads nice and sane and its a moot point.

John