• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US District Attorney Investigating a Hunting Violation?

RedRyder

Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
According to this article, a US District Attorney is investigating an alleged hunting violation by a former Outdoors Channel show host. I can understand it if it's an endangered species violation but this??

Deer Poacher

WTF, shouldn't it be a state issue. Feds don't issue hunting permits.

Now as far as what he is accused of doing, if guilty, fuck'em he had a deer. Poachers are thief's plan and simple.

Reactions: RNWRKNP

Now as far as what he is accused of doing, if guilty, fuck'em he had a deer. Poachers are thief's plan and simple.

If it involves interstate transportation or sale of a poached animal then the federal Lacey act might be in play here.

Most here wouldn't give a shit , but poaching is a very real problem. Poaching for profit is what you're all watching on t.v.

Meanwhile I'll buy more ammo

Reactions: diverdon
Politics are surely playing into this and the US attorneys has taken some small potatoes cases when someone high enough in an investigative agency (could be dept of interior, Fish and Wildlife services, or another agency) presses that district to prosecute the case due to the "optics" of the crime.

When the Kings men shoot deer with silenced rifles at night in a shot gun county is that theft? If not why is it different when a private person would do the same thing?
What do you call it when people have their property damaged or eaten by the Kings animals and aren't compensated? Is this not theft?

Lacey Act Violation. He crossed state lines to hunt, illegally took a deer, then took the deer back across state lines.

who they stealing from?

Deer belong to the people of the state. Poachers steal from EVERYONE when they illegally kill wildlife. Hunters lobbied FOR game laws to protect wildlife populations for future generations. This is neither the first nor will it be the last instance of a TV “personality” breaking game laws for views. Poachers are thieves. Bury them under the prison, all of them.

Reactions: diverdon
So many I could not count. Lumber Liquidators got $13M fine for importing Illegally harvester lumber. I think Gibson guitar got raided a few years ago for Lacey and paid a fine.

Individuals are not so lucky to pay fines, and often get jail sentences.

I think Lacey is one of the most common "Three Felonies A Day" felonies many Americans unknowingly commit.

by people of the state you mean a small interested group of people (who generally mismanage the population) . Kind of like the wildlife in Europe belonging to the crown. We need to defaang our government from all activities not covered in the constitution and especially with their view of the Commerce clause which is the most abused clause in our history.

Your government hates you dont legitimize giving them power they have no right to, they will use it against you.

Deer belong to the people of the state. Poachers steal from EVERYONE when they illegally kill wildlife. Hunters lobbied FOR game laws to protect wildlife populations for future generations. This is neither the first nor will it be the last instance of a TV “personality” breaking game laws for views. Poachers are thieves. Bury them under the prison, all of them.

So hunters can have a hobby, we have:

Increased insurance rates for everyone due to collisions

Tens of billions in losses for ranchers/timber owners/ farmers/ landscapes/etc. Plus all the environmental damage from over population.

Airliners that crash due to wildlife collisions.

Game animals are vastly overpopulated in a large part of this country. Misty due to hunters and tree huggers lobbying for it. You want this over population you should pay for all the damages it causes.

You’d be wrong. The Lacey act covers all CITES plants and animals...

Guess I haven't kept up w/ Lacey in recent years. Like the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, another antique law that has been expanded well past its original intent.

Most here wouldn't give a shit , but poaching is a very real problem. Poaching for profit is what you're all watching on t.v.

Meanwhile I'll buy more ammo

And I will start to believe that the Feds are serious about poaching when I see them start effectively dealing with Canadian commercial fishermen who sneak across the border on Lake Erie. More than once I have had to stop fishing walleye while on the American side of the border to show DEC my license while they ignore the Canadian boats fishing illegally a few hundred yards away.

I think Gibson guitar got raided a few years ago for Lacey and paid a fine.

Since you mention it... the stupid part about it is it was all political, all about destroying American jobs.
They got fined because they imported the wood (that they bought legally but some government tool claimed some obscure paperwork was not filed in a foreign country) and had American workers get paid to finish it.

Had they imported the same wood, but chose to have some foreign workers do all the work like the rest of the Communist supporting big evil corporations, ahead of time and just import it all finished so no US workers got any jobs... No problem at all.

Just goes to show, totally messed up political BS from our government.

Since you mention it... the stupid part about it is it was all political, all about destroying American jobs.
They got fined because they imported the wood (that they bought legally but some government tool claimed some obscure paperwork was not filed in a foreign country) and had American workers get paid to finish it.

Had they imported the same wood, but chose to have some foreign workers do all the work like the rest of the Communist supporting big evil corporations, ahead of time and just import it all finished so no US workers got any jobs... No problem at all.

Just goes to show, totally messed up political BS from our government.
...plus the CEO donated to the Republican party. So there's that.

I the only poaching I give a shit about, is the poaching of endangered species, or poaching for profit. If youre going to eat or donate the meat of the "poached" deer or other common game species, I dont care.

Poaching strictly for antlers, pelts (fur trade), aquatic life and ivory, i dont like. Its 2018, humans dont have a need for mink coats anymore. Poaching of sharks and dolphins really need a serious look into. Its horrible. Damn Japs and Chinese killing them all.

Get a LONG rope and Ill tie the noose.