• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US Marine imprisoned in Mexico

Re: US Marine imprisoned in Mexico

Strategic exfil (or whatever fancy term it is called) and then commence carpet bombing.

Really, what else good is there, there?

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">It's effed up for sure and terrible for the young man, especially after what I assume he had to endure during his service. However, Like it or not Mexico is a sovereign nation with very strict firearms laws and as such should be respected.

I'm not saying that If I were in some position to help that I wouldn't move heaven and earth to get the GI back, but I'd definitely let him know how stupid he is once I got him home.

The sad thing is that I'm sure that all it would take is a phone call from a "high ranking elected official" to make this go away, but such officials have <span style="font-style: italic">better</span> things to do.</span>
EDIT: Wow, I feel like a total moron. I just read that the young man was told the gun was legal as long as registered. This is a shitty situation that needs to be fixed.

unfuckingbelievable....

we need to plan an op and go get our boy back. i happen to be free right now and have gun will travel...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, Like it or not Mexico is a sovereign nation with very strict firearms laws and as such should be respected.</div></div>

And those laws keep the citizens of mexico safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, Like it or not Mexico is a sovereign nation with very strict firearms laws and as such should be respected.</div></div>

And those laws keep the citizens of mexico safe. </div></div>

Thats very true....last week only 47 people got their heads cut off....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, Like it or not Mexico is a sovereign nation with very strict firearms laws and as such should be respected.</div></div>

And the citizens of Mexico being safe has what to do with the price of tea in China?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, Like it or not Mexico is a sovereign nation with very strict firearms laws and as such should be respected.</div></div>

And the citizens of Mexico being safe has what to do with the price of tea in China? </div></div>

He was being sarcastic.

I just shared this on Facebook as everyone else should. Total bullshit and it makes me fucking angry... I'll be calling my local Congressmen and Senators.

As said above, Mexico is a soverign nation. If you travel there it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to know their laws. I see a lot of people on here asking about the laws in other states they plan to travel to, how is Mexico any different...unless your the ATF. Its sad, but he fucked up.

I wonder if the Mexicans would be ok switching prisoners; border customs agent in place of the marine?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, Like it or not Mexico is a sovereign nation with very strict firearms laws and as such should be respected.</div></div>

And the citizens of Mexico being safe has what to do with the price of tea in China? </div></div>
Drivers license, registration, and proof of insurance please!
grin.gif
Easy there big boy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As said above, Mexico is a sovereign nation. If you travel there it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to know their laws. I see a lot of people on here asking about the laws in other states they plan to travel to, how is Mexico any different...unless you're the ATF. Its sad, but he fucked up. </div></div>

Don't see how. He asked US Customs what to do, and followed their instructions. The Mexican police are being asshats- they could have informed him that US Customs was mistaken, and told him to go back and straighten it out. But no....

Send in the SEALS, get that Marine out, and send Mexico the Customs agent that misinformed him.

1911fan

I think this is only about corruption. They want to harass him, and want to make some money out of this. Typically they will let an American sit for 6+ months, trying to get as much money as possible. The money would only go in the pockets of the police.

Probably best for the Marines to put pressure on the US Government, if possible. The barrel length is not the issue, it is the excuse.

I lived in Mexico and central America for a year, this is typical of the place.

s

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Mexican police are being asshats- they could have informed him that US Customs was mistaken, and told him to go back and straighten it out. But no....</div></div>

There is an easy solution to the problem. His family just needs to come up with whatever dollar figure the mexicans mention as a "fine." It will increase a couple of times for different reasons, but they will ultimately release him. That's how "sovereign" nations operate.

Fuck Mexico. How about we go get him and charge the Mexican gov. the cost to kill off the cartel.

I doubt the Border Patrol Agent (on our side) is at fault here... I suspect that everything he told the guy was completely true. However, in the time it takes to drive that bridge & for some mexicans to see a way to make some cash, that 'truth' changed... Cut the power, send in the SEALs, everyone home in time for breakfast.

I have 2 weeks off for Christmas break.... I'm free for a road trip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this is only about corruption. They want to harass him, and want to make some money out of this. Typically they will let an American sit for 6+ months, trying to get as much money as possible. The money would only go in the pockets of the police.

Probably best for the Marines to put pressure on the US Government, if possible. The barrel length is not the issue, it is the excuse.

s</div></div>

Ive trravelled extensively there as well. Corruption is going on (like its not in our country...why arent any banksters in jail?)but the fact is he was in their country with a prohibited weapon. Thats their law, just as we have them, and if you violate them you pay the price. Actually, Im surprised they even searched him...the last few times Ive vrossed the border they didnt even bother...Dont offend the tourist dollar, I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CASDB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand and empathize with this being a horrible situation for him to be in. That said, this strikes me as similar to the situation in 2009 when those hikers decided it would be an intelligent decision to go for a walk across the mountains of Iraq/Iran. <span style="color: #CC0000"> You formulate a plan to drive (not fly) to Costa Rica via Mexico, which is just as much a warzone as any place he's deployed to. </span> Not only that, but to say the notoriety of Mexican police corruption is common knowledge is an understatement.

I would like him back just as much as the rest that have and will comment on it, but atleast some of this is self inflicted, regardless of what the border patrol agents said.</div></div>

Far more dangerous. Since 2008 there have been at least 15,000 KNOWN deaths related to the cartels...15,000!!!!!...thats more than all our losses in Iraq and Assholeistan since the wars began.

I wouldn't go to Mexico for any kind of recreation whatsoever because of the rampant corruption there.

However, when the State Department says "I want my Marine back" the Mexican government is likely to say "#%$# you, how about next time you don't run guns to the cartels, resulting in dozens of deaths here, all for political theater in your country" Our foreign policy has consequences. That being said, there is little real government left in Mexico and it is foolish to go there.

So I wouldn't expect a lot of cooperation from them until we threaten their foreign aid. We have to make it easier to say yes than say no...both on our side and theirs. This situation needs to be elevated to national attention here before the bums in DC will do anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this is only about corruption. They want to harass him, and want to make some money out of this. Typically they will let an American sit for 6+ months, trying to get as much money as possible. The money would only go in the pockets of the police.

s</div></div>

Ive trravelled extensively there as well. Corruption is going on (like its not in our country...why arent any banksters in jail?)but the fact is he was in their country with a prohibited weapon. Thats their law, just as we have them, and if you violate them you pay the price. Actually, Im surprised they even searched him...the last few times Ive vrossed the border they didnt even bother...Dont offend the tourist dollar, I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CASDB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand and empathize with this being a horrible situation for him to be in. That said, this strikes me as similar to the situation in 2009 when those hikers decided it would be an intelligent decision to go for a walk across the mountains of Iraq/Iran. <span style="color: #CC0000"> You formulate a plan to drive (not fly) to Costa Rica via Mexico, which is just as much a warzone as any place he's deployed to. </span> Not only that, but to say the notoriety of Mexican police corruption is common knowledge is an understatement.

I would like him back just as much as the rest that have and will comment on it, but atleast some of this is self inflicted, regardless of what the border patrol agents said.</div></div>

Far more dangerous. <span style="color: #FF0000">Since 2008 there have been at least 15,000 KNOWN deaths related to the cartels...15,000!!!!!..</span>.thats more than all our losses in Iraq and Assholeistan since the wars began. </div></div>

You are woefully misinformed. The estimate is closer to 100,000. There are more mass graves in Mexico than there were in Bosnia/Kosovo and those Serbs were hell bent on making more.

Mexico is a wasteland of corruption. The number one source of weapons to the cartels is from the Mexican army, municipal police (who also lead in terms of kidnappings, torture, 'sicario' services and generally being thugs in uniform) amongst others south of our borders.

The state Dept. is another bunch of losers eating up money and doing nothing to earn it.Brake him out and bomb the shit out of them for about a week. MM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, Like it or not Mexico is a sovereign nation with very strict firearms laws and as such should be respected.</div></div>

And those laws keep the citizens of Mexico safe. </div></div>

Thats very true....last week only 47 people got their heads cut off....</div></div>

must have been a slow week. As to cooperation I think he will get out pretty soon. There is a need back and forth that keeps Mexico "friendly". Lets not forget the two biggest exports are our two biggest imports. Drugs and oil. They have both. It keeps money flowing.

If we really wanted to shut things off we could IE Military on the border, insta check for jobs, severe restriction on borders, searches of every vehicle coming across the border, more drones patrolling, deportation after any emergency medical treatments, stopping the automatic citizenship just for sneaking into the U.S.A. and popping out a kid. Lots of stuff that would also include mandatory physical and immunizations to reduce the outbreaks of communicable diseases like TB. We have two more cases that have been reported in local high schools. If that ain't scary I don't know what is.

All this will never happen but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMulhern</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No problem! Our Muslim POTUS is hard at work getting him extracted!! </div></div>

Please don't dilute this thread with your bullshit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMulhern</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No problem! Our Muslim POTUS is hard at work getting him extracted!! </div></div>
Sounds like someone has a case of the:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamophobia
But you can relax; he's not Muslim!

Actually, by sharia law and his own slipups, he is a Muslim. Regardless, he is the POTUS, and I sent an email about the situation. Haven't heard back, don't expect to, but still.... Anybody else written/called?

1911fan