• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US Marked 40x Heavy Barrel with matching bolt

eodcam

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Panama City
I have a question for you CMP 40X collectors. Is it rare to get a 40X with a Matching Bolt?

Re: US Marked 40x Heavy Barrel with matching bolt

i have one. didnt really think about it when i bought it. read many posts after buying it that stated many were not matching. have had mine for about three years now. it is a B prefix ( 700 style bolt handle) in very good condition. has the short acc rail on the stock with no barrel tuners. flat safety also.

No! Have read on RFC and a few place where some claim there were more mismatched then matched 40-X/XB's from CMP but I have to disagree. Of the 5 I bought over the years only 1 was a mismatch and that was the last one I received. It came from the second to last sale and was a hold back in case somebody received one they didn't like. Perhaps the last batch this fall had a higher percentage but don't know how you could prove/verify either way!

I would be willing to wager that of all the 40-X/XB's the CMP sold over the years there were more matched then mismatched. The first batches probably bringing the average up over the later. Think the last couple of sales were the stuff hung onto the longest and seen more use and abuse than the first couple of sales they had on them. Just my .02 worth though.

Mine's a "B" also but with a full length rail. I got the Sights and the handstop. It's Beautiful, I wonder if they will go up in value because CMP is out of complete rifles?

They are already twice the price for most then what anyone paid from CMP. I kinda looked at it like giving somebody a $20 bill knowing I would get at least 2 twenties back in return. Even if you recieved a beat up POS from CMP the value of the parts was worth their selling price.

All of the B series rimfire I have seen have the full length rail and should have the flat safety knob.