• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US National SWAT championships (sniper)

MADUCE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2004
DALLAS,TEXAS
www.tigervalley.com
The US shooting academy will be the host range for the US National SWAT championships. The sniper Portion will be Monday and Tuesday the 15-16 of June. It is a two man event, being a precision gun and gas gun. Tiger Valley is running the sniper portion and I and wanted to let you guys know that the prize table is great. To date I think they have 20 teams shooting. You LE guys are nuts if you don't shoot this and walk away with some great prizes. Every major scope company will be donating...

Re: US National SWAT championships (sniper)

Well.. us LE guys need to get permission to go from our respective departments. That would entail us getting paid for the trip, which isn't going to happen considering so many departments are cutting back on hours... maybe next year

Since TJ is LE, and I'm LE, I think one aspect of his post was to point out that given the number of teams signed up and the size of the prize table, it maybe well worth it to pay your own way to the shoot. The prize table offering may offset the cost of the trip.

There are several Federal Police and military units competing, six or seven from over the pond. You have to have Police or Mil. ID for this event.

It's on the US National SWAT website (Nationalswatchampionships.com I believe).. Look under USSSC icon. We're sending 2 teams.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.J. PILLING</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You have to have Police or Mil. ID for this event. </div></div>

Nothing like taking leave to go shoot with a bunch of cops.

Sign me up as quickly as you can.

looks good. I didn't put it on my list for this year, but next year i'll add it.

I drove down and watched a few events of this match on Monday. Looked like the course was putting the teams through the paces. I wish I would brought my Camera. I felt sorry for those guys in the Oklahoma Humidity wearing all that gear. I saw several guys with scarves tucked in around their necks, I thought they were going to melt.
Because I was not a competitor I really didn't understand the Scoring, looked like allot of misses with and overall emphasis on time. That's just an observation though,I could easily be wrong about that they weren't posting rankings or anything when I was there.
I also saw allot of poor choices for slings,and Ar-15 accurized rifles seemed to be well represented. I wish i could have stayed for the whole two days and watched. I saw some very squared away shooters and teams. Allot of maximum effort.

The scoring is based on a raw time for the course of fire. Misses from a sniper were generally a 60 second penalty. The carbine misses were 15 seconds as were the pistol misses. Once tallied the overall times are recorded and ranked. The ranking is where your points come from. The lower number of points the better so you would want to place in the top across the board to get the lowest number of points. For example...1st place=1 point, 8th place=8 points.
It was a pretty good competition and really emphasized thinking and strategy and had some physically trying events.

It really looked like a good match, do you know how the teams ranked.

Here ya go
Sniper-Final.png

The Dallas team walked away with about 12 grand between them. Not bad for a two day investment. It was a great competition from the organizer stand point. No bitching, at least to me and we had them do lots of crazy stuff. I had asked for garden hoses to do a rain stage. Shooters had to shoot at targets through a mist of water after going over some crazy stuff. What I ended up with was a fire hose. Everyone got soaked, me, the RO's and needless to say the shooters. By the second iteration we were deep in mud. Shooting was limited to 300 yards but lots of out of position shooting, communication and decision making.

Sorry for the delay in stage description. We started the event with a side by side mini rattle battle. Two teams had 30 seconds to shoot 4 round from 300 yards at targets of choice. They then had 45 seconds to move to the 200 yard line through crazy stuff and get into position and engage 4 more targets each. The final movement was to move to the 100 yard line and shoot the final 4 rounds, run to the 200 pick up a tactical dummy and move to the start box.

The next stage was based on a rain storm. I asked for two garden hoses and I got a fire truck. Two team went over some things and got into position where water, lots of water was spraying over them as they shot drop turners and stationary targets. As soon as all were down they moved to start box. Note: we ran the truck dry of water every three shooters (500 gal)

Mine disposal stage started with them shooting over a wall. The land mines were home made mock-ups painted OD green. The plunger was 8oz Tupper Ware storage contained turned upside down and painted, filled with tannerite. The precision rifle guy had to hit the tannerite before the AR guy could advance and shoot his targets

Bullet relay. lots of low crawl

Sectorization. Both shooters start in a pistol bay. When all shots are fired the precision guy runs into the next bay were scaled pictures, 1 inch to 3 feet are standing with army men in windows. The observer, who is still in the pistol bay with como gear on, is relaying information back the the precision shooter from a book that was handed to him with windows circled from reduce size pictures. 5 bad guys and 4 buildings

target id

Shooters were required to move into position. Once in position the ar shooter knocked a steel target off a wood box. Inside the box were 3 targets with playing cards over them. The AR shooter flipped over a stack of playing cards and relayed what playing card was on top for the precision shooter to shoot at, them repeated 2 more times