• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optic Erek zero stop

Re: US Optic Erek zero stop

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you adjust the zero stop on the Erek knobs? I have zeroed the rifle and cannot figure this out. Anybody help. Thanks </div></div>

don't feel bad dude. i had trouble with it too. the instructions for setting up the knob are vague at best and the video don't tell you shit. i ain't got no "collimator" ,which i assume is a boresight- other then my eye down the bore. run your knob down till it stops come back up 3moa or so and adjust your poa looking at a target down range through the bore. adjust the reticle with zero screw until it is on target. shoot, rinse and repeat until you are close. use your knob to get your fine tuning. hold your zero screw and back off the clicks you put on for fine tune and rezero knob....i think

I got it. That is a little different than the S&Bs. The directions not to clear. I did get and Thanks for the help.

us optics has a video that will help u. go to there page and look under instructions and then scope mounting. its all the way at the end.

In the web link I posted, there is a video of a guy actually showing how to do it, and not the USO video......
I will warn you, it's a bit long......

There is no "zero stop" per se on the EREK. If you set it up right you can set it up with a certain number of clikcs below zero as you can adjust the erector independent of the knob using the large center allen so that it works as a zero stop. There are two videos. The one chpprguy liked to, and I linked below, is a good one that basicly walks you through all the steps ans spoon feeds you the info. The guy does an excellent job showing you how to do it. Watch the video. There are actually two parts so don't forget to click the Movie2 at the top after watching the first part
http://web.mac.com/ljahearn/iWeb/Site/Movie.html

He does a good job. It is similiar in theory to the NF. Just the NF you have to take the knob off. I figured it out after watching the video. Thanks for the help

Rob01 is on target. I recently set up my SN3 T-PAL with excellent results following the example in the movie.

I wrote down the steps below:

One of the key features of the EREK is that the screw in the center of the knob allows you to move the reticle independent of the knob.

1. Turn the Center Screw about about one turn clockwise, raising the erector.
2. Run the EREK knob down to bottom then back about 1/4 turn
3. Loosen the 2 smaller allen screws on top
4. Turn the EREK Knob to zero
5. Tighten the 2 smaller allen screws on top
6. Remove the bolt to bore sight through the barrel using center allen to move reticle
(Course Adjustment) Clockwise - down
7. Shoot for zero adjust with center screw until close.
8. Adjust with knob to get an accurate zero.
9. Loosen 2 smaller allen screws on top
10. Move knob to zero
11. Tighten 2 smaller allen screws on top.

I wonder why they fo make a CD with instructions. They could also make some information about their other products they have for sale.
The Cd would not cost that much but I think it would help with instruction.
The extras could be about products, options, or field use. I think this would be a good move.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder why they fo make a CD with instructions. They could also make some information about their other products they have for sale.
The Cd would not cost that much but I think it would help with instruction.
The extras could be about products, options, or field use. I think this would be a good move. </div></div>

HEY!!! Get out of my head and quit stealing my ideas!
laugh.gif
grin.gif

The boss doesn't know about that yet
whistle.gif

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxgusmc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob01 is on target. I recently set up my SN3 T-PAL with excellent results following the example in the movie.

I wrote down the steps below:

One of the key features of the EREK is that the screw in the center of the knob allows you to move the reticle independent of the knob.

1. Turn the Center Screw about about one turn clockwise, raising the erector.
2. Run the EREK knob down to bottom then back about 1/4 turn
3. Loosen the 2 smaller allen screws on top
4. Turn the EREK Knob to zero
5. Tighten the 2 smaller allen screws on top
6. Remove the bolt to bore sight through the barrel using center allen to move reticle
(Course Adjustment) Clockwise - down
7. Shoot for zero adjust with center screw until close.
8. Adjust with knob to get an accurate zero.
9. Loosen 2 smaller allen screws on top
10. Move knob to zero
11. Tighten 2 smaller allen screws on top.</div></div>

ok, im bringing this thread back to life. i didnt find this till it was to late. i completed all the steps above but step one. now i have 12 3/4 moa before it bottoms out and absolutly no up travel left in my center screw. does anyone know how to fix this?

s.i.t, I have a new SN3 3.8x22 with about 20 moa before it bottoms out with no up travel left in my center screw. I am going to stop by USO next week and see what Arnold thinks. I will let you know.

I talked with Someone here on the hide and he gave me some good advise. Turn your elevation knob up one turn, put your Allen wrench in the center. Hold the knob and turn the Allen about a quarter of a turn clock wise. Dile the knob back wher u want your zero again and bore sight. Do that until u get what u want. I went from 10-1/2 moa to 4 moa from bottom which is close enough to what I wanted. Let me know

s.i.t., Tried your suggestion and still have 20 moa ( almost a full turn) before the knob bottoms out. I'll probably stop by USO tommarrow and see what they think.

damn that sucks. how many times did u do it? i had to go back and fourth on mine at least thirty time before i got it right. some of those times were very small turns with the allen

s.i.t.;
I think you and I were not fully in sync when we were chatting.
You should be able to accomplish the adjustment of the center screw while the EREK is in it's zero position....in this case. You are correct though.....clockwise should be correct for dropping the bullet impact point.

I think I, or possibly both of us were confused with the direction you wanted it to go.

Tim;
Have you tried unscrewing the center screw about 1 turn, counter clockwise, while holding the EREK still? This should give you back the adjustment range of the EREK.