• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics 5-25 Tpal Elevation Adjustment Range

rommel500

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2009
SLO,CA
I have been researching new scopes for my GAP 260 that will be arriving later this year and I have narrowed it down to wanting a FFP 5-25 mag range scope. Preferably I would like the USO as I like to support US owned / Operated businesses whenever possible and to boot USO is only a few hours south of me.

Can anybody comment on using the USO 5-25 scope with regards to running out of elevation adjustment? I see its listed as having 17mils total of elevation adjustment? This seems pretty low compared to both S&B (26mils) and Premier(30+).

I am a bit worried with even a 20 MOA base that I would only have ~ 23 mils of total adjustment range.

Preferably I would like the USO as I like to support US owned / Operated businesses whenever possible and to boot USO is only a few hours south of me.

Anybody with actual experiences using the 5-25 USO would be great! TIA!

Re: US Optics 5-25 Tpal Elevation Adjustment Range

I have that scope on a gap 260 and the scope has more range then the rifle.

I have owned two USO 5-25's and will not own another. You will have than enough elevation if you go with a 34mm or 35mm tube to shoot a mile. If you chose to go that route make sure you get the EREK knob.

My next high end scope will be a Premier 5-25 GEN II XR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Infidel2001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have owned two USO 5-25's and will not own another. You will have than enough elevation if you go with a 34mm or 35mm tube to shoot a mile. If you chose to go that route make sure you get the EREK knob.

My next high end scope will be a Premier 5-25 GEN II XR. </div></div>

Care to say why you won't own another? I own a 3-15 Premier and really like it but I am concerned on their long-term outlook.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have just made a change to the 5-25X scopes, we are now able to get 90 MOA in the 34 &35mm.
Thanks,
John III </div></div>

Is the expanded elevation range standard on all 5-25 or is that a special request feature?

Would I be able to look through a 5-25 if I visited USO in socal?

I have a USO on my 338 and I get more than enough travel. I guess the total Travel in a scope has become like HP in a car.

I have access to shoot at ranges over a mile. But mostly ~ 1000 - 1200 yards.

Rommel,

It will be available. Not sure if it will be a standard option or just another option to choose from. That will be worked out sometime next week. I think as of now we are looking to making that the standard for the 5-25x. Your more than welcome to stop by and look at our products.

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rommel500</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have access to shoot at ranges over a mile. But mostly ~ 1000 - 1200 yards.

</div></div>

You shouldn't have a problem running out of travel to that distance with a .260

Rommel,

To answer your question this will be the standard for all 5-25x T-pal in the 34mm and 35mm tubes.

Jason

Jason, thank you for the update! This puts the USO 5-25 on my short list for sure!