• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics Canadian Reticle?

Moose

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 3, 2005
    NJ
    Im ready to order a SN3 3.2X17 and i like the look of the Canadian reticle.If any one is using it could ya let me know how ya like it.

Re: US Optics Canadian Reticle?

I have the Mil Gap, which is close to the Canadian, and like it, but if I could switch it out I would go for the Mil MPR. The reason being is the .25 mil marks. It is hard for me to distinguish between .7 and .8 mils, and that makes a big difference.

GB213, you have any reticle pics?

I had a Canadian for a while. The reticle is perfectly fine, similar to NF's F1 MLR, but nothing about it particularly warmed my balls. I'd still prefer a Gen II MilDot, given the choice. IMHO hashes spaced 0.2Mrad apart at the edges just don't work as well in practice as they might on paper.

Thank's for the info.Every thing else besides mildots seems to busy for my taste.the Canadian looks like it will work for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GB213</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Mil Gap, which is close to the Canadian, and like it, but if I could switch it out I would go for the Mil MPR. The reason being is the .25 mil marks. It is hard for me to distinguish between .7 and .8 mils, and that makes a big difference. </div></div>

Not to pic nits, but the MPR isn't .25 mil. MPR goes mil, .2mil, .5mil, .8mil, next mil.

My favorite USO reticle so far.

The MPR was way to busy for my taste, and I didnt like the fact that the Canadian didnt have the the graduation numbers, and it only went down to 5 mils. The GAP was the choice for me. It goes down to 9 mils. I can just hold 6 mils and get to 1k without thouching the scope with the GAP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sigster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank's for the info.Every thing else besides mildots seems to busy for my taste.the Canadian looks like it will work for me. </div></div>

GAP or good old GenII Mildot would probably be the best for you.