• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics EREK knob question

Jason280

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2005
GA
I have a couple US Optics with EREK knobs, an SN3 3.2-17x and ST10 10x, and have a quick question on setting up the zero stops. I've shot both of these scopes for years without even utilizing the zero stop feature, but have gotten to a point where its now necessary. Of course, both scopes are currently sighted in, but is it possible to adjust down to the zero stop without having to readjust the turrets? The SN3 is actually fairly close, but I still need a few more "down" clicks....whereas the ST10 is probably a good 2-2.5 mils from the zero stop (for 100 yard zero).

Most of the videos I've watched show setting the zero stop before zeroing the rifle, but can it be done after the scope has been sighted in?

Every scope I have with a zero stop, every scope I've read about, and common sense says you set the zero stop AFTER you zero the rifle.

How can you ever set a zero stop before you determine where zero IS?

Think.

I use USO scopes and set the zero-stop, after zeroing all the time, so ill try and help out.

The erek knob is pretty easy to use. I set mine to give .5 mils between the zero stop and zero. This is because from suppressed to unsuppressed theres a .3 mil elevation difference.

Its really easy:

1. Temporarily replace the turret cap with the other cap (the one with the hole in the top), and tighten it down with the 2 little cap screws.

2. Put an allen wrench through the hole and into the elevation erector socket. (Its the only allen head socket accessible through that cap hole).

3. Use that allen wrench to prevent that allen socket from turning, while you turn the turret clockwise, intill the turret is bottomed out. (The turret will click, but the reticle aint moving).

4. Replace the turret cap with the original non-hole cap, and tighten it down.

5. Re-confirm your zero.

6. Reset your turret to zero: Just loosen the 2 cap screws and turn the turret to zero.( shouldnt feel any clicks). Then retighten the 2 cap screws.

7. Your done.

Basically, the center allen socket moves the erector/reticle in elevation. Under normal circumstances, that socket turns with the turret because of a bind-fit nut.

But, you can hold that center socket still using an allen wrench (thus preventing movement of the reticle), while you rotate the rest of the turret to the desired position.

I like to zero first, then put the center hole cap on. Then i put the allen wrench in place, hold it still, and rotate the turret clockwise untill it bottoms out, then rotate the turret 5 clicks back the opposite direction (while still preventing retical movement with the allen wrench.
Then i remove the 2 cap screws, set the turret to zero, and put the non-hole cap back on.

This gives me .5 mils of zero adjustment so i can easily adjust when i take the suppressor off.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
My USO ST 10 with EREK was one of the best optics I'd ever used. Had to sell it when my eyesight went south and had to get a higher magnification variable. Description above should get your zero stop set.