• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics Eyepiece question

bdcmh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2011
Ohio
Does the eyepiece on a US Optics SN3 T-Pal 5-25 rotate when the magnification changes like the Nightforce scopes? Or does the eyepiece stay in its same orientation while only the magnification ring moves?

Thank you

Re: US Optics Eyepiece question

Eyepiece does not rotate on my NF NSX either, or various Leupolds, Vortex PST, etc. All have power rings.

I have both a USO 5-25 and an NFS F1.

USO eye piece does not rotate, only the power ring rotates.

My NFS F1 eye piece will rotate with the power ring.

Thanks guys. I was hoping that was the case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eyepiece does not rotate on my NF NSX either, or various Leupolds, Vortex PST, etc. All have power rings. </div></div>

Do the new NXS eyepieces not move? I know that the NXS compacts have a mag ring that moves independent of the eyepiece but every 5.5-22 I have seen have a rotating eyepiece. Thanks for the info.

Mag ring moves on my USO scope but not eyepiece, for me adjustments are easy to make than with my NF.

Thanks. It looks like I am in the hunt for a USO. Now to wade through all of their options to see what I want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eyepiece does not rotate on my NF NSX either, or various Leupolds, Vortex PST, etc. All have power rings. </div></div>

Did Nightforce change? The whole eyepiece rotated on mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eyepiece does not rotate on my NF NSX either, or various Leupolds, Vortex PST, etc. All have power rings. </div></div>

Did Nightforce change? The whole eyepiece rotated on mine. </div></div>

To clarify, the Eyepiece does not rotate on my NF NSX 2.5-10x32.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eyepiece does not rotate on my NF NSX either, or various Leupolds, Vortex PST, etc. All have power rings. </div></div>

Did Nightforce change? The whole eyepiece rotated on mine. </div></div>

From Nightforce site:

Think I just found my answer:

"Is the whole eye piece on the NXS supposed to rotate"

For our NXS 3.5-15x, 5.5-22x, 8-32x, and 12-42x the answer is YES. When the diopter adjustment is locked in place by the lock-ring after you have focused the reticle for your vision correction, the power zoom ring and the eyepiece will move as one unit.

This is a design feature to make for a stronger and more water resistant eyepiece. By having the entire eyepiece move for magnification adjustment, it is much easier to change the adjustment while under stress or in cold and/or wet conditions.

For our NXS 1-4x and 2.5-10x the answer is NO. Due to the compact design of these models, these riflescopes feature a power zoom ring independent of eye piece.