• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US Optics Foundation 25 Turret and Zero Question

Cedric Stevens

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2022
Kansas City
This Optic has the EREK turrets, which I understand to have a system that moves the entire internal assembly to give you the entire elevation range over your zero. I will be placing this on a 338 Lapua Magnum that I zero at 800yards. Does anyone with this scope know if I set the zero on this scope to 800 using the EREK system will that give me the 22 Mils over my 800 yard zero?

If you put 22 MRAD of cant in your rings and rail, sure. The ER3K as I understand it makes it so that you can have the full 48 MRAD of adjustment in the turret, not the erector itself. The erector is just a spring loaded tube inside your main tube, and the turrets are just sophisticated ratcheting screws to push the erector down, or let the springs inside push it up when you let off pressure. The ER3K center screw lets you make the screw longer/shorter so you can bottom out the turrets at zero and give you 48 MRAD of adjustment in the turrets.

Reiterating - I've never zeroed at 800, but if you had ~22 MRAD in cant built in around the scope, it would make sense that you'd get ~48 MRAD of adjustment.