• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics MR-10 setup

DanUSMC

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2018
Hey there everyone I am a frequent reader here but not a frequent poster. A while back I decided I wanted to get into bolt guns and traded a Trijicon TA31/rmr combo for a US Optics MR-10. These are their older models with the large EREK knob but the glass quality is really nice and even in my limited experience I have found the scope to be of very high quality. It sat in some night force low rings atop my Remington 700 until I had the (possibly misguided) itch to jump up in magnification. I scooped up a Sig Tango 6 4-24 on sale, and so was left with a nice optic without a home. I decided to throw it on my BCM carbine, and after some searching for a cantilever mount that would accommodate the EREK knob I went with BOBRO. That is the end of my long winded contextualization. My questions are:
1) Is it a no-no to have the very front edge of the BOBRO mounting surface interface with the hand guard? I understand this is typically not ideal, but I haven't noticed any POI shift. Still, it does enter my mind every time I mount it on the rifle so I would appreciate any advice on the matter. I included a picture to show the amount of crossover of the mount from the upper receiver onto the hand guard. The carbine is rattle-can camouflaged so you may have to squint in order to find it.
2) I have read about some people having problems with heavier optics in BOBRO mounts, so while I haven't noticed anything moving, if anyone has valuable input regarding a similar setup to my own I would greatly appreciate it as well.
I also included a pic of my 700 and the tango 6 in its case for fun :) Thanks - Dan

edit - Moving it back one notch on the top rail would constitute an unacceptable amount eye relief, it's just barely good where it is.
Also this post is really more about the gear than the optics so I apologize if this is not in the appropriate forum thread.

Last edited:
Nay, the crossover should be fine. Any reputable upper/handguard interface shouldn't be a concern there. You pictures aren't posted by the way.

I have a MR-10 in a Bobro QD mount. Zero issues. Been mounted in there for about 6 years now.

Reactions: DanUSMC
FYI - perhaps it's just some quirk of my browser configuration, but I see no images in your post either.

Reactions: DanUSMC
Sorry for the late reply, I appreciate the responses. Yea it doesnt look like the images posted, strange. But I do feel better that someone with the same setup hasn't had trouble. Probs a huge over reaction on my part but so be it.

Attachments

• 20190813_150728.jpg
    20190813_150728.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 20190813_152104.jpg
    20190813_152104.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 20190813_152104.jpg
    20190813_152104.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 20190813_150741.jpg
    20190813_150741.jpg