• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics question

Shumba

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2009
Sunset Beach, California
If I buy a used SN3 US Optics scope, can I send it back to US Optics to install the Extended Eye Reflief eyepiece? I would like to buy one for my 50 BMG and I found one for a good price, but it does not have the EER.

If I sent it to US Optics, would they j ust charge me the $250 to install it?

Approximately how long would it take?

Thanks.

Tim

Re: US Optics question

+1 for call and ask - or email Jeff. I bought an ST10 used and sent it back to have illumination installed - all they charged me was the cost of the illumination option + return shipping. They *do* charge a 3% "surcharge" if you use a credit OR debit card which I thought was a bit - well never mind. But they are nice folks and they got my scope back to me fast fast fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$250 plus shipping. 10 minute job.
John III </div></div>

DAMN!!! $1500/hr labor!!!! lol, jk John.

I just had a USO sent in for a repair and I asked to have the reticle changed. They told me it would be $300-400 for the labor + new reticle. That's too much for me.

Changing the eyepiece is a helluva lot easier than changing the reticle.....thats why it's so much!

USOs are put together so damn well that taking one apart to get to the reticle is a real PITA, thats why the labor cost is high, cause it takes a lot of labor.

You guys aren't taking into consideration the cost of the eyepiece, labor probably isn't much at all.

Ya, I would call for 1st hand info. before sending it in for any service/repair. I have been quoted 3-4 weeks to get turnaround @ this time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: softcock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya, I would call for 1st hand info. before sending it in for any service/repair. I have been quoted 3-4 weeks to get turnaround @ this time.
. </div></div>

Are you referring to the turnaround time for the OP's request for EER change? JBWIII is the one who quoted the price and approximate work time, don't know how much more of a "1st hand info" you can get...

hey guy totally understand & I did read it but just because it only, Quoted..." ten minutes job". or ( Work Time)
That does Not necessarily mean that you are automatically moved strait to the front of the line, To be put in front of build orders and other repair and service that was there way before you sent your glass in for repair or service.
Or maybe it does mean that you will be bumped to the front of the line ? Don't know and don't work there but I called & was told that they are way swamped with work @ this moment.
All I said was that I was agreeing with ( usmcj's post ), to call 1st hand and get the skinny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$250 plus shipping. 10 minute job.
John III </div></div>

Shit, not even any cuddle time?

Price, okay. But, whats the turnaround?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for call and ask - or email Jeff. I bought an ST10 used and sent it back to have illumination installed - all they charged me was the cost of the illumination option + return shipping. They *do* charge a 3% "surcharge" if you use a credit OR debit card which I thought was a bit - well never mind. But they are nice folks and they got my scope back to me fast fast fast.

</div></div>

Why would it not make sense? Instead of having a discount for cash, they just up charge the CC processing fee for people that want to use that option. I'm ok with that. I'd rather not pay an extra 3% across the board to cover someone else wanting to be lazy and use a CC rather then cert funds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HOw much relief does it give you? </div></div>

I asked the same question and Jeff informed me about 1 inch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We can turn it around in a day.
John III </div></div>

Pretty dang fast. I wish everyone else had yalls customer service.