• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics SN3 how 2 tell Mil or Moa/ no record

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    I have a US optics scope and the record of its build has been lost at USO. its an 04 scope so 5 years old. erek SN3
    Question is how can I tell if its a Mil or Moa???
    Sorry if your laughing its a real question.
    Thanks Bill

Re: US Optics SN3 how 2 tell Mil or Moa/ no record

If it goes 0-9 with 9 clicks in between each number it's Mil
    If it goes 0-22.5 with 3 clicks in betwen each number it's 1/4 MOA
    If it goes 0-45 with 1 click in between each number it's 1/2 MOA

All EREK's have 90 detent positions, as far as I know.
    This means:

If it's 1/4 MOA or IPHY, you will see 22 as the last number marked with two ticks marks left over (22.5 MOA or IPHY per revolution).

A 1/2 MOA or IPHY model will have 45 as the last number marked (45 MOA or IPHY per rev).

A 1/10th Mil version would have 9 as the last number marked (9 Mils per rev).

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
    laugh.gif

Rafael , Ratbert

Thank you for the information
    I have one 1/4 moa and one 1/2 moa
    Greatly appreciate it
    Bill

Actually Raf the last whole number you see on the EREK tenth mil if it only has markings for one rev is an 8... otherwise you are back at 0 for the 9th mil.

The 1/4 MOA knob with the 1 thru 22 and 23 thru 44 I thought was way way too busy for me. Like the one turn marked tenth mil a bunch more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it goes 0-9 with 9 clicks in between each number it's Mil
    If it goes 0-22.5 with 3 clicks in betwen each number it's 1/4 MOA
    If it goes 0-45 with 1 click in between each number it's 1/2 MOA

</div></div>
    my st-10 with erek 1/2 moa has 5 hash marks/click before the first number which is 3moa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually Raf the last whole number you see on the EREK tenth mil if it only has markings for one rev is an 8... otherwise you are back at 0 for the 9th mil.

The 1/4 MOA knob with the 1 thru 22 and 23 thru 44 I thought was way way too busy for me. Like the one turn marked tenth mil a bunch more. </div></div>
    Yeah, I realize now that I screwed that up.
    laugh.gif

I agree, the 1/4 is a bit busy. Would really like to see a 1/3 MOA/IPHY version. That would be an even 30 per rev.

"Would really like to see a 1/3 MOA"

For all practical purposes, that is what a tenth mil knob is.

Yup, got that part.
    Never thought someone would be asking for mil adjustments with an MOA or IPHY reticle.
    laugh.gif