• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics SN3 in Larue OBR mount to 1000 ????

smokshwn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2004
Salt Lake UT
I have a US Optics SN3 3-17 with the GAP reticle mounted in a Larue OBR mount.

If I mount it on my AR will I be able to get to 1000 yds since there will be no built in slope to the mount or base?

Running 175s at about 2550ish

Thanks for the help.

Re: US Optics SN3 in Larue OBR mount to 1000 ????

2h7nf6f.jpg

As far as elevation range, yes. Off the top of my head you're looking in the 11-12 mil range at 1000 and the scope definitely has that. The issue may be subsonic distance for your load. I am running 175 VLD's at 2745fps and they go subsonic at about 1150 yds. It may or may not fly right subsonic.

Thanks guys....wasn't worried about my ballistics just the elevation available in the scope.

I was teaching a class and was going to drop off larue cert and it hit me that I might run out of elevation with the cant and I didn't have the scope handy to check.

BTW I got home and checked the scope. I have 14 mils available so should be good to go.