• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics sn4 dfp circle dot vs. NF FC2 ???

cop1211

Minuteman
May 21, 2009
ne florida
Can anyone give some insight on this model with circle dot , compared to the NF 1-4 with FC2.

Specifically at 1x , looking for a new optic for a duty/SWAT rifle.

I have a NF FC2, as well as another NF 1-4 with mildot.

Thanks for any help.

Re: US Optics sn4 dfp circle dot vs. NF FC2 ???

This thread will have some good reticle pics for the 1-4 DFP:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2784548

Mine is the 1.5-6 DFP, brand new as of last week. I've only made two range trips with it so far. Both have been on our long range course getting it set up, and mostly running on steel from 200 to 600 Meters (with excellent results).

At 1.5x I've only verified the 100 meter POI at 1.5x is the same at 6x. I plan to spend some time with it in the shorter range bays next week. FWIW, my primary purpose for this optic is 3-Gun.

At the higher powers, the 1 mil hash marks are easy to pick up at mid and longer ranges, even against dark targets, and with the harsh NM sun at this time of year. This is especially important for my aging eyes. (Our range faces South, which is the pits with the sun now low in the horizon.)

I had no issues with reticle holdovers to 500 Meters on our steel (12" plates at 300 meters, 12" Gong at 385M, etc). Hits on an 8" wide gong at 600 meters were better than I expected - and on par with the shooters ability with 77 gr SMKs when using a 2.5-10 NF on the same rifle. The glass is very good.

At 100 the 2nd focal circle dot is very crisp and clear, but I have no way to compare it to the NF. The illumination (mine is the Green) is not daylight visible. It is excellent in low light and seens to be very fast and intuitive at CQB ranges.

A pic with it mounted on my 18" SPR build - it's a little more beefy, although shorter than my NF 2.5-10x32. Again , this is the 1.5-6 version.

USO15-6DFPss2rSPR02-12.jpg

I know USO offers a discount to Military and LEO's if that makes a difference

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know USO offers a discount to Military and LEO's if that makes a difference</div></div>

I offer a better discount
wink.gif