• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics SSDS SN- 3 3.5-17

Konigs

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2009
Northern Italy
Hello gentlemen.... just signed up here, though been reading and gleaning advice (and learning a hell of alot) etc for about a year now, thanks to many of you for a hell of a lot of great knowledge freely given. I'm a Brit , now living and working in Italy..where there is at least freedom, compared to ol' UK... Ok, my question as such is this...does anyone here have any experiance of the US Optics SSDS SN- 3 3.5-17 which was built for the USMC day scope solicitation ( I lifted that word right outta US optics site..) I have an S&B PM II , good glass but now want to build another rifle and as Unterls are all gone as far as I'm aware this might be a cool glass to have...any comments welcome...

Re: US Optics SSDS SN- 3 3.5-17

Try the search.. before everyone yells at you. SSDS is cool glass indeed.. Have one myself, love it & also have a S&B PM II Mil & that is very cool too. Different strokes for different folks. You may want to be a little more specific on what kind of information you are trying to get..

Oh yeah.. about your profile.. Beware of Bolttripper..

Welcome to the Hide.

The SSDS is excellent. If you are planning on shooting the load that it corresponds with, I'd say it's tough to beat. The heavy detents are great. The windage knob with the stops is very cool also. It's nearly impossible to get lost on this scope. I shoot 175 SMK's with 44.0 grains of Re-15 and it is dead on. The first time I shot this combo at 1k yards I just dialed in the 1k mark on the EREK and hit the target 2" low of my point of aim and about 1' right due to wind. I really don't know how it could be improved upon in any significant way.

Good luck,
Erik

Thanks Erik,
that's just the kinda info I was looking for, as almost no one seems to mention that scope on here ( don't kick my arse if I've missed a post guys..please). We don't have a right wide choice of ammo over here, the nearest apart from handloading if the right components were available would be FGM 175g, we have to pay 50$ for a box of 20 here....hurts. There's
no way I'll get the " correct" ammo over here, not sure how close
that federal stuff would be......

Thanks,

If I had to bet, I'd say the FGMM would be "close enough for government work", as they say... And even if you are not dead on the heavy detents, they would still be a useful reference point with any load that's similar. You still have all of the regular 1/2 moa clicks like a regular scope. For instance, you'd just have to remember that at 600, you dial to 600 + 2 clicks, or whatever your real dope ends up being...

Good luck,
Erik