• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US Optics ST-10 help

Heyboy

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2023
Pennsylvania
Hello all. a friend recently came across a few older scopes but still super cool. The first is a USO ST-10 with an Erek knob, Mil/Mil and AO. The issue is it only came with the solid cap and not the one with the hole in the center for adjustment. Emailed US Optics and still waiting to hear back. It looks really nice on a NM m1a. After zeroing it at 100 yards the elevation is almost maxed out. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get another cap that would be greatly appreciated.
The other scope I got was a ZEIS Hensoldt
ZF 4-16x56 FF. This is a fine scope. I’m not sure of the vintage without doing some research but it’s not new.

Can you remove the cap entirely to expose the hole in the center?

I suspect there are two screws holding the cap on. Remove those, lift the cap off, and you will likely see the center adjustment hole you seek.

-Stan

Can you remove the cap entirely to expose the hole in the center?

I suspect there are two screws holding the cap on. Remove those, lift the cap off, and you will likely see the center adjustment hole you seek.

-Stan
I did this but the turret just spins freely. I need to do some more research. All the things I’ve read so far and older videos on it guys have the cap with the center hole to set these up.

Last edited:
I did this but the turret just spins freely.
On my Foundation I set the elevation during zeroing by using an Allen wrench in the center hole. I do not use the turret to adjust elevation.

Like this:

With the elevation cap removed to access the center hole, I suspect you could use a second Allen wrench to hold the elevation knob in place so it doesn’t rotate while you adjust the elevation via the center hole with the Allen wrench.

-Stan

Last edited:
On my Foundation I set the elevation during zeroing by using an Allen wrench in the center hole. I do not use the turret to adjust elevation.

Like this:

With the elevation cap removed to access the center hole, I suspect you could use a second Allen wrench to hold the elevation knob in place so it doesn’t rotate while you adjust the elevation via the center hole with the Allen wrench.

-Stan

Thanks, I watched this one once before. I sat and rewatched it and the one by USO. It was tricky but I had to use some knipex snap ring pliers while using the alien key in the center. Kinda a pita but I think I’m GTG. Need to go back to recheck it at. I appreciate the help. I’m still going to try to get a replacement cap. It would make life MUCH EASIER. If it was simple to do without USO wouldn’t have sent 2.
Thank again.

Reactions: stanley_white
Thanks, I watched this one once before. I sat and rewatched it and the one by USO. It was tricky but I had to use some knipex snap ring pliers while using the alien key in the center. Kinda a pita but I think I’m GTG. Need to go back to recheck it at. I appreciate the help. I’m still going to try to get a replacement cap. It would make life MUCH EASIER. If it was simple to do without USO wouldn’t have sent 2.
Thank again.
Glad it worked out!

I am sure USO will send you a new cap.

-Stan