• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics TS-20X

I think they’re shooting themselves in the foot a little by not offering the new JVCR reticle in it, but maybe that’s just me. The GenIIXR is a great reticle, but is a little long in the tooth as the only mil option for a new optic for most folks. As much as I like the GenIIXR, I’m not foolish enough to overlook the fact that a whole host of people waited to buy a new TT until the new Gen3XR came out.

Just calling it like I see it.

Reactions: JC Steel
It says it's for hunters and competitors. If you read the description for the B17 or B25 you'll get it right away.

Having three USO's plus a spotter --ER25, LR17, SR8-- I'd be interested to see how the TS20 stacks up next to those. Or the B series. I love the mag range. I'm sure the dark lord of optics will review it eventually, I just hope I don't miss it.

Reactions: Basher
Interesting choice to use the Gen3XR. With the 10m parallax, it would be a reasonable rimfire scope.

Bold move, though. I still remember the huge negative reaction that Zeiss got with their Terra line. Hope this plays out better for USO.

It's not available with Gen3, it's a Gen2XR. I understand wanting to get into the lower price points, but they need to get their house in order first. I think this scope is going to be a flop. I do own a USO ER25 and I love it, but I would take a lot of other scopes before the budget USO line. It's tough to pull off a 8X erector without some serious compromises.

Reactions: Pusher591
It's not available with Gen3, it's a Gen2XR. I understand wanting to get into the lower price points, but they need to get their house in order first. I think this scope is going to be a flop. I do own a USO ER25 and I love it, but I would take a lot of other scopes before the budget USO line. It's tough to pull off a 8X erector without some serious compromises.

This

I have one coming when they are released so we will see. I had a TS 8x to test and it was a great scope for the money.

With the 10m parallax, it would be a reasonable rimfire scope.

This is what led me here. I’m looking to get a scope on my CZ for NRL22 shooting and this scope definitely caught my eye. Looking forward to a review on one first though.

i am sure this scope is everything the manufacturers say it is but with that money i'd rather get a very nice Leupold or NF scope.

Reactions: Stoweit
i am sure this scope is everything the manufacturers say it is but with that money i'd rather get a very nice Leupold or NF scope.
The only comparable scope for the money from NF would be the SHV F1. Personally I’d rather have the GENIIXR over the Mil-R. It’ll be interesting to see how they compare.

Reactions: sako17
Regarding new reticles, I got this email from USO last week when I inquired about the TS-20X:

"We have not yet released the additional reticles officially, as those will not be available to ship until August.The two reticles that will be shipping in a week are the MDMOA and the GENIIXR. The MGR and JVCR (+ $200) will be available to order shortly and will be available to ship in August. You can view these reticles on our site, as they are both offered in our B-17 as well. Here is a link https://www.usoptics.com/support/reticles/ "

Reactions: timk311
Body looks a lot like a Athlon Cronus. If it’s a LOW built scope it might not be a bad one for the price point. Still want to know what corners were cut for the 8x erector.
Somethings gotta give no matter what the price point is.

Reactions: Pusher591
Regarding new reticles, I got this email from USO last week when I inquired about the TS-20X:

"We have not yet released the additional reticles officially, as those will not be available to ship until August.The two reticles that will be shipping in a week are the MDMOA and the GENIIXR. The MGR and JVCR (+ $200) will be available to order shortly and will be available to ship in August. You can view these reticles on our site, as they are both offered in our B-17 as well. Here is a link https://www.usoptics.com/support/reticles/ "
I wonder how thick the JVCR gets when you crank it up... Hopefully it'll be good for rimfire shooting. I'll have to try and find a B17 with that reticle.

I’m interested to see it’s similarities to the NightForce NX8 2.5-20x50
Man, I don't know how I missed the new NX8 models! I just looked and they aren't on NF's website. Read the article on EuroOptic though. That would be a sweet comparison.

Reactions: kabarNC
I’m interested to see it’s similarities to the NightForce NX8 2.5-20x50

Same here. NF has 30mm main tube but the ATACR glass but this TS model has 34mm main tube and assuming less quality glass. Only reason I assume that is because why build another 34mm main tube line that could directly compete with the B series line? The glass can’t be as good I wouldn’t think.

I have one being shipped to me tomorrow from USO. I’ll let you know what I think when I get it.

Reactions: km77
I’ll be really interested to hear about this one too. It looks to be a perfect scope for a rimfire rifle. That 2.5x on the low end would be great for offhand shooting and the 20x top end should be more than enough. The 34 mm tube would be great for that little extra elevation you get. I’ll keep and eye here. I may have to get one of these on order.

Mine will be here on the 24th. This is my first USO. I don't think their scopes are made overseas. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the components were. There's several companies that source lenses from Japan. The main thing is in house inspections.

I've been waiting on this scope for a while. I was told that there was a problem with one of the turrets. It just took a little while to get everything working perfectly. I have faith in USO but will verify. I look forward to Pooboyr's review.

Not American made??

I like USO but they keep kicking themselves in the arse...

DT

I don’t know of a company that can piss off its customers better than uso. Which is sad because I really liked their older optics’s. I had a B25 that broke with just the recoil of a .308. Sent it to uso and they said black tape came loose and obstruct the view through the optic and bound up the elevation turret. The repair took 6 weeks start to finish with nothing but a goat rope when it came to customer service. Now my B17 broke... It won’t hold or return to zero and the lock on the elevation turret broke. After another goat rope with their CS I was told it is a common issue and to send it in. I got it sent out in June, emailed them a few weeks ago and it’s 40th in line! Needless to say I got rid of the B25 and I’m not sure I’ll hang on to this B17 if I ever get it back...

Moral of the story is, if their high end optics are 0-2 than I’d be skeptical of their second-tier optics. And if anything does happen, I wouldn’t put much stock in their ability to fix it and send it back in a reasonable amount of time. Thankfully I have a Premier that I’ve been running but it sucks having to move it from rifle to rifle.

Last edited:
Reactions: elmuzzlebreak
I know your scope just came, but how is the glass?how do the turrets feel? Thanks!
I mounted the scope today. The eye box is a little tight. The glass seems pretty clear but i'm limited to about 100 yards in the city without freaking the neighbors out.

It doesn't have a zero stop but it does have a one revolution limiter that keeps you from using more than 10 mils of elevation. I don't like the rev limiter. A 34mm tube with a rev limiter doesn't make sense. They could've used a zero stop instead.

I'll probably shoot with it next week. I think I should use it some before I say too much.

Reactions: noliver
Is USO on the East Coast (Carolinas?) or still in Montana? There was some sort of a dispute a while back, but I kinda lost track after that. Is the company back to running smoothly after all the turmoil?

ILya

Is USO on the East Coast (Carolinas?) or still in Montana? There was some sort of a dispute a while back, but I kinda lost track after that. Is the company back to running smoothly after all the turmoil?

USO is now in North Carolina.

I mounted the scope today. The eye box is a little tight. The glass seems pretty clear but i'm limited to about 100 yards in the city without freaking the neighbors out.

It doesn't have a zero stop but it does have a one revolution limiter that keeps you from using more than 10 mils of elevation. I don't like the rev limiter. A 34mm tube with a rev limiter doesn't make sense. They could've used a zero stop instead.

I'll probably shoot with it next week. I think I should use it some before I say too much.

Well the no zero stop and rev limiter just killed it for me. Having a 34 mm tube and only 10 mils if elevation seems pretty worthless. Since I would have been using this for a rimfire rifle for matches that routinely gets dialed well beyond 10 mils it would have been boxed up and sent back immediately. This is another case if you guys here saving me time and money on something I would not have been happy with.

Its 31 mil of elevation 10 for each rotation. But the no zero stop definitely takes it out for me. All I shoot is prs and i couldn't handle not having a zero stop haha

It has 31 miles of elevation but it has a 1 rev limiter according to a previous post which limits you to 10 mils. Personally that makes the optic completely useless to me. It’s like they said let’s take two things every tactical shooter wants and take them off this scope and see if we can still sell any. I really can’t understand what they were thinking. It seems like they are very disconnected with what the end user wants in this style of optic. Oh well. I was going to order one of these but those two thing she make it not an option.

So I was finally able to get behind the USO TS-20x last night and this morning and ran a few of my own tests. I ran the TS-20x against an Athlon Ares ETR. I felt this was the class USO was competing in with the TS 20x. Remember this is what I think so everyone's opinion will be different.

Initial impression (Unpacking)
- The scope came packaged in a very nice box and contained scope caps.
- The scope seems well made and is lite (28.7 ounces.) I was expecting it to be heavier. The Athlon was 36.5 in comparison.
- The tube is nice and well contoured. No rough or sharp edges.
- The turrets are tactile, but not as loud or hard as the Ares ETR. I would compare them to an Athlon Cronus BTR.
- And yes..... There is a zero-stop and yes.... when it is employed it does only get one revolution / 10 mils of elevation. The turrets remind me of the Leupold Mark 4 turret style.
- The TS-20x does have my favorite reticle, the Gen II XR.

Night test (optical clarity) / I looked at leaves on a tree (there was a streetlight nearby) approximately 600 yards away and compared the two scopes.
- The glass is good. I could clearly make out each leaf.
- The magnification range is great. The 2.5 - 20 is nice. It was interesting though, because when I had the Ares ETR set at 20x the picture was larger than the TS-20x. I wanted to see which was closer to true magnification so I pulled out a Leupold Mark 8 and USO B25 and the picture was closer in size to the TS-20x. I'm sure every manufacture is different.

Day test
- The scope passed a box test with no issues.
- I could easily see out to 1300 yard targets with no problems.
- The parallax does focus down to 10 yards.

Hopefully this helped answer some questions people had about the scope. Remember, this isn't a B25 or B17 so it's not as good, but I don't think US Optics was trying to make that kind of scope with the TS series.

Pictures

Attachments

• 61292865-FB96-4E81-87D7-56CF4A6E7319.jpeg
    61292865-FB96-4E81-87D7-56CF4A6E7319.jpeg
    417.2 KB · Views: 383
  • C9576C85-65D4-4528-A2E1-FA7FBBCDA0FB.jpeg
    C9576C85-65D4-4528-A2E1-FA7FBBCDA0FB.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 345
I guess if you get enough MOA on your scope rail you could probably get away without using the zero stop since it will bottom out before it makes a full revolution past your zero. If you can do that and still use the full elevation range of the scope it would work for my purposes. I was really excited when I saw the magnification range out this scope. That along with the travel and 10 yd parallax would seem to make it a perfect NRL22 optic. I will probably wait a few months and see how they are holding up. It would seem the thing that I find most appealing about the optic is one of the things that makes me the most reluctant. That is a huge range of magnification. I am guessing that means a whole lot of lenses and moving parts. Packing all that in an optic for under $1500 is a pretty tall order. I really hope they pulled it off.

I was kinda of hoping they would come out with a decent scope at this price point, especially since I’m wanting to upgrade me 22 lr scope from the Ares BTR I’m using now. I guess not , heck a $500 Athlon has better features than this.

I'm confused by this offering...

It almost looks like they used questionnaire cards and compiled the features/pricing most asked for without any thought given to actually filling any given role correctly.

• Haha
I think this optic would be great for someone new to long range shooting and anyone who never shoots further than 1000 yards. A couple of my rifles can easily get to 1000 yards with less than 10 mils.

It’s almost like an idiot proof button and wouldn’t let you spin it to high and go over the range.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, I thought the eye relief was fine and had a very generous eye box.

Reactions: Eoddave27
Poorboyr thank you for the clarification on the eye box. I have not used a US optics scopes but have been told some have a tight eye box. That is something else I was concerned about since match directors around here can get pretty creative with obstacles and it can be challenging to get behind your optic if the eyebox is tight.

I don’t know of a company that can piss off its customers better than uso. Which is sad because I really liked their older optics’s. I had a B25 that broke with just the recoil of a .308. Sent it to uso and they said black tape came loose and obstruct the view through the optic and bound up the elevation turret. The repair took 6 weeks start to finish with nothing but a goat rope when it came to customer service. Now my B17 broke... It won’t hold or return to zero and the lock on the elevation turret broke. After another goat rope with their CS I was told it is a common issue and to send it in. I got it sent out in June, emailed them a few weeks ago and it’s 40th in line! Needless to say I got rid of the B25 and I’m not sure I’ll hang on to this B17 if I ever get it back...

Moral of the story is, if their high end optics are 0-2 than I’d be skeptical of their second-tier optics. And if anything does happen, I wouldn’t put much stock in their ability to fix it and send it back in a reasonable amount of time. Thankfully I have a Premier that I’ve been running but it sucks having to move it from rifle to rifle.
I feel your pain about the QC issues and I think USO is really struggling to get some credibility back. Maybe these overseas options are a way for them to get more of their product into the market but they have a long way to go. That said I am not sure who this is supposed to be marketed to.

Last edited:
I feel your pain about the QC issues and I think USO is really struggling to get some credibility back. Maybe these overseas options are a way for them to get more of their product into the market but they have a long way to go. That said I am not sure who this is supposed to be marketed to.

I’m not saying not to buy USO... Butttt.... if their QC hasn’t got better buyer beware... I just got an email this morning saying my B17 is still 3-4 weeks out, mind you it was at their shop in NC the 17th of Jun. Thanks USO for my summer of fun shooting matches with your product ?‍♂️

Last edited:
I’m not saying not to buy USO... Butttt.... if their QC hasn’t got better buyer beware... I just got an email this morning saying my B17 is still 3-4 weeks out, mind you it was at their shop in NC the 17th of Jun. Thanks USO for my summer of fun shoot matches with your product ?‍♂️
I would stay well away from USO right now. Their reputation for poor QC and out of the box issues has crippled their standing in the optic world. There’s far better options out there that won’t fail you out of the box.

Not to bring up an old thread but Id like to add a little something about this optic

I have it on my MPA setup for production class. Its a good scope, very clear, the GenIIXr is one of the better reticles available.

the zero stop thing is bullshit but I think I have a fix for that. I got a Khales on the way and once its here Im taking the USO off and going to try a mod on it to attempt to turn the rev limit into a zero stop.

Other than that, its a good tube and really no complaints. I didnt pay MSRP so for what I have into it, I think its an awesome piece

@AnimalMother224
Did you ever figure out the zero stop?

I decided to forgo that attempt. I ended up having to send that scope back to USO for a warranty repair and they sent me a brand new one as a replacement. the parallax was blurry and shifting image down to 25 yards. What I did end up doing is putting this scope in a 30MOA mount on a 20MOA base so now the mechanical bottom is my "zero stop". its ghetto but it works so I just removed the actual built in zero stop which in reality is a rev limit, which sucks for a scope int this price range. I full turn is all you get. stupid stupid stupid

Reactions: thanman