• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Us Optics TS 5-25x50 vs Vortex?

chrisj

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2005
Naples, FL
Looking for real world experience with the US optics TS 5-25 vs similar Vortex scopes. I know they aren't Schmidt & Benders but just looking for a half decent trainer for others who are new to shooting.
Thanks

The TS 25 is pretty decent for what it is. In its price range I prefer it over the comparable Vortexes.

Mine tracked true and didn’t give me any problems. The best part is you can get one with the best reticle. The JVCR.

Reactions: chrisj
I have the USO TS 5-25x on my rimfire rifle. Also have a Vortex PST Gen 1 5-25X on my 6.5CM.

Pros of the USO: Glass is pretty clear to my eye. Probably on par or better than the PST Gen 1. But I haven’t compared it to the PST Gen 2 or the Diamond Back.

The reticle is my favorite feature on the USO. It’s useful and plenty capable
for the type of shots you see in NRL22 and PRS rimfire matches. Center dot is small enough for precise shooting. Lines aren’t too thick or too thin. Plus illuminated reticle but I have to admit I rarely shoot with it on.

24 mils (and change) of total elevation travel so you can dial out to 400 yds (rimfire) with the right amount of cant. (but see the con below).

Parallax goes down to 10 yds, so helpful for rimfire shooting and dry fire practice inside your house.

Cons of the USO: lack of zero stop. But with the 50MOA of total cant I have between the rail and Burris rings I’m 2.5 mils from bottoming out the turret, so not hard to go back to zero. When I only had the 30MOA rail I had 9+ mils of down travel, and that was a PITA to return to zero.

Only 6 mils per rotation. So when dialing to 300 you’re cranking the torrent two full turns +2 mils.

They don’t come with a sun shade. That’s an extra $50.

Bottom line, I’m currently shopping for a new scope for my rimfire rifle. If/when I get it I’ll probably move the USO over to my 6.5CM mainly bc I prefer the reticle on it over the PST Gen 1 and the glass is a little better IMO.

Reactions: chrisj