• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Us rather tall folks

SQUATCH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
In a Cave
Referring to bolt guns just wondering for any of you other giants out there what you are using to get a longer length of pull. If i could install it myself all the better. just seeing what is out there and what is working the best for people.

Re: Us rather tall folks

i bought a full adjustable stock a B&C Medalist M40 im 6'4", it has 4 inch in adjust in the butt or their close i have it out 2.3 inches

Most stock makers cut the stocks down before putting an adjustable butt pad or spacer system on. If you ask them to put the spacer system on a full length stock they will. This way, you can remove it and have a short guy (standard length of pull) stock, if you decide to sell it. Adjustable cheek pieces are also great.

Also 6'4" and I run a 15" LOP

I am 6'7" and every factory stock feels like a child's stock to me. I have to add 1 - 1.5" to everything. If you can afford a McMillan or Manners then get their spacer system, max pull at 15". If you already have stocks then get the black hard rubber spacers from Brownells and install them between the recoil pad and the stock. Last resort, get the slip on pads and hold them in place with a butt stock cheek pack with the strap that goes around the butt pad.

Well something I should have mentioned is I already have the stock on there so wondering if there was an add on simple enough to put on there in addition.

What kind of stock is it? If it is a Manners or a McMillan, you can send the stock back to either and have the spacer setup installed. Do not waste your time or cash with a DIY on this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and I am 6'4" </div></div>

chiller and LL in Sanfrancisco last spring

CowboyFischer.jpg

and yes, dems chaps be ASSLESS

On the cheap, slip on recoil pad should give you abut an inch (I do this with an AR running a std A2) I am 6'5".

Funny Guy VJJ...

Anyhow Iowa,

I'm 6'5'' and I slipped the Limbsaver recoil pad over my HS Precision 700P. It adds an inch LOP and put everything into place for me. With my Eagle stock pack wrapped over the top of it, you can hardly tell its there. Looks like its just part of the stock. Simple, inexpensive and effective. As a bonus, It may even tame the recoil a bit.
I put one on my 870 also.

Spacers are pretty simple, you can make them from almost any rigid material, aluminium or HDPE are easy to work, enviromentally resistant and give a decent appearance. They can also be purchased.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">chiller all doll'd up briefing MIKE on what to do while he is away

tall_woman_and_man_1.jpg
</div></div>

Bad thing is Mike is taller than me

I am 6'5'' and run an AICS with the additional LOP spacers and a shooters friends slip on recoil pad. that gives me jus tover the 14 1/2 LOP that I need.

Well, having been born and raised in Iowa.....breast fed and corn fed, I am 6'6" and I use a Tubb adjustable butt plate.

When I installed it I deviated from the directions and did NOT shorten the stock. This give me plenty of LOP and give me the range for shooting with a T-shirt to severe cold weather outings.

Easy to install, looks good, works good.

Chet

vjj is a funny guy, but looks arent everything
laugh.gif

im 6'6 and i just hunch like crazy