• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US Steel, New Plant

Cheap labor, they spent billions throughout the rust belt only to close everything down.
The largest koke plant in the world sells 90% of their products to Russian conglomerates.

Seversol bought most everything in the tri-state area in Penn-Ohio region and shut it down

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Well, that will be #3 then. Already have Big River Steel in Osceola and Nucor Steel in Blytheville (30 minutes away). Good news for sure!

Just a question:

What will these steel mills use for power ? Is there an abundant supply in that region ?
Can't say 100% but the mighty Misissippi is right next door (Hydro-electric?) and lots of shale plays in the region.

Just a question:

What will these steel mills use for power ? Is there an abundant supply in that region ?
Don't be so silly. Frozen wind turbines and your neighbors solar panels should provide PLENTY of power. And if that doesn't work, all the tesla owners can unite and use there Elon batteries to power the arc furnace 😏

Sarcasm aside, "climate change" is gonna cock block the fuck outta their 2024 completion date. Which sucks cause we need more American steel .

Don't be so silly. Frozen wind turbines and your neighbors solar panels should provide PLENTY of power. And if that doesn't work, all the tesla owners can unite and use there Elon batteries to power the arc furnace 😏

Sarcasm aside, "climate change" is gonna cock block the fuck outta their 2024 completion date. Which sucks cause we need more American steel .
That was my line of thought also.... Perhaps I should buy stock in some of the coal mining operations. The Pacific Northwest had the largest aluminum smelters as well as copper smelters... When the nukes started shutting down there was not enough power for the smelters and they closed down. To the best of my memory.... The steel and aluminum companies had purchased power on the futures market. Price of electricity shot up and the companies sold the power they had bought at a handsome profit....

Reactions: Salad_shooter
That was my line of thought also.... Perhaps I should buy stock in some of the coal mining operations. The Pacific Northwest had the largest aluminum smelters as well as copper smelters... When the nukes started shutting down there was not enough power for the smelters and they closed down. To the best of my memory.... The steel and aluminum companies had purchased power on the futures market. Price of electricity shot up and the companies sold the power they had bought at a handsome profit....
I agree! With out nuclear-power or coal fired plants I too am skeptical that any thing considered green energy by today's standards is gonna be sufficient. I'd imagine if this does come to fruition, and the mills in this country are stuck using coal power, heafty carbon tax costs are gonna be passed on to the consumer.

If it were me, and I had the final say in the matter, I'd opt for modern nuclear power and then use some of Elon 's fancy self landing rockets to put the spent nuclear waste on a collision path with a star many moons away.

No need to worry about a rouge space ship full of nuclear waste flipping a 180 tho. As Supreme leader that would never happen

Last edited: