• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US Tangent 7-35 owners request

wooferocau

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
Victoria,Australia
Hi
Could any US owners of the Tangent 7-35 please advise when looking through the scope at 35x as to how many mils from Reticle centre of the outer edge are visible.

Just want to compare to our "Aussie" version..

Thanks.

Their website lists the FOV at 35x as 1.08m @ 100m, which is 10.8 mils, so you should have 5.4 center to edge.

Reactions: wooferocau
Their website lists the FOV at 35x as 1.08m @ 100m, which is 10.8 mils, so you should have 5.4 center to edge.

True, but I believe he wants confirmation from someone looking through an actual US market scope and not just going off the spec sheet, as there is a question if Tangent is limiting the AFOV to just under 22 degrees for patent compliance only for US customers and non-US market scopes have a wider FOV.

Based on just the website specs the older TT 5-25 has a wider AFOV than the new 7-35, where the 5-25 is over 22 degrees AFOV and the 7-35 is just under 22 degrees.

Be interesting to see if Tangent is shipping US 7-35s with a <22 degree AFOV for patent compliance where non US market 7-35s have a >22 degree AFOV.

We know for sure that S&B is doing that because they have the honesty to list both US and non-US FOV specs for their newest models.

Hi
Could any US owners of the Tangent 7-35 please advise when looking through the scope at 35x as to how many mils from Reticle centre of the outer edge are visible.

Thanks.

If you've looked through an Aussie version 7-35, what was the observed FOV in mils at 35x?

Hi

Thanks.

What does your “Aussie” version show?

Probably shows something like this

48956C7E-E67E-4195-BE6A-FF0F43B613D4.jpg

On a more serious note, I'm interested to see if the Aussie version has the same FOV as US models. If it does, then we don't know if it's just the design of the scope or if tangent may be limiting the AFOV of all the 7-35 models for patent compliance and possibly not having to make 2 different models depending if they're US or non-US models like S&B does.

Just on 5.6 mils

A friend / Dealer just got some samples, he is bringing them up to me for a shoot and we will be comparing against the S&B 6-36 in field conditions ( ie shooting ) :)

Pic is blurred ( my friend took this) but you can make out the reticle divisions.

Attachments

• TT-5-35-35-Power.jpg
    TT-5-35-35-Power.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 63
Just on 5.6 mils

A friend / Dealer just got some samples, he is bringing them up to me for a shoot and we will be comparing against the S&B 6-36 in field conditions ( ie shooting ) :)

Pic is blurred ( my friend took this) but you can make out the reticle divisions.

Pretty much same here.

What does the Schmidt 6-36x give you?

All 7-35x56 Tangent scopes, regardless of where they are purchased, are supposed to have the same FOV.

ILya

Ilya, any idea or info from the manufacturer if that's by design, or is it being field stop limited to <22 degrees AFOV for patent compliance? The Tangent FOV specs at 35x work out to just under 22 degrees AFOV, which is narrower than the older 5-25, and to me that hints that the new 7-35 may be limited for patent compliance. Hoping you might have some insight as your industry contacts are much better than most.

I'm sure the 7-35 is a very nice scope, but at current new TT prices I'll be hanging on to my 3x TT 5-25s that I bought at a substantial discount in used but like new condition off the PX.

Going from several 525 to 735s was a great improvement for me, IMO. But a used 525 at any price is a steal.
Ilya, any idea or info from the manufacturer if that's by design, or is it being field stop limited to <22 degrees AFOV for patent compliance? The Tangent FOV specs at 35x work out to just under 22 degrees AFOV, which is narrower than the older 5-25, and to me that hints that the new 7-35 may be limited for patent compliance. Hoping you might have some insight as your industry contacts are much better than most.

I'm sure the 7-35 is a very nice scope, but at current new TT prices I'll be hanging on to my 3x TT 5-25s that I bought at a substantial discount in used but like new condition off the PX.

I mean depends on the design doesn't it? The NF 7-35x has pretty similar AFOV, has been around forever, and likely has no patent concerns.

There is a field stop in there, but it does not sound like they are worried about the Swaro patent either way.

It is possible they wanted the field stop in there for a different reason.

ILya