• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US WWII HELMET PRICE?

N2DADARK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
While talking with a guy a work he is clearing out some of his stuff and a has a couple of US WWII helmets. I have not seen them but Im told they have have the shell, liner shell, liner, and chin strap. One he says is in good condition other he says has a bullet strike in it. Assuming these are not all roached out dose anyone have an idea what they are going for now adays? Thanks guys.

Re: US WWII HELMET PRICE?

Helmet collecting is a science and they can range from $50 for a refurbished or incorrect/non-matching helmet up into the thousands of dollars for the 'right' combination of details or very desireable unit markings.

I passed up a chance to buy a helmet signed by Dick Winters a few years ago (before he passed on.) Not 'his' helmet. Someone got him to sign it. Asking was $600 at the time. Wish I had it now!

There are some books on helmet collecting and probably some Web sites if you look.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sirhr