• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US869 for .338 LM

JDLawrence3

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2021
Lincoln, DE
I'm having trouble getting ahold of magnum powders. I've had luck with slow burning LRT, but can't get my hands on any more. Has anyone had any luck with US869? I'm running 300 gr. bullets out of a 30" barrel. Thanks.

1643573399682.png

Way too slow, even with a super long barrel. Even LRT is a bit slow in vanilla .338LM.

1643573698671.png

While not ideal, you could try Ramshot Hunter. It's a bit on the fast side for 300s, but better than nothing.

Found some here for you:

LRT shows up pretty regularly and isn't particularly popular, so personally I'd just keep an eye out for that over in the next few weeks.

My internal ballistics program is saying that dogtown’s predicted usable case capacity and a 104% fill (that should be achievable with a drop tube) US869 is just getting to a reasonable pressure and speed of 2720.