• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USA Ammo users?

Tact999

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2008
Texas
Anyone have any experience with the SS109 62 gr green tip 5.56 ammunition from USA Ammo? Price seems to be about average, but am interested in others experience with this particular supplier.

Re: USA Ammo users?

Supplier is excellent. Use their .40 S&W 180gr once fired and their 9mm 115gr ammo for my pistols. All ammo has functioned perfectly. I have purchased around 2500 of the 40 cal and 1000 of the 9mm. I continue to purchase USAAmmo for all my pistols.

Just got 200 rounds of 175gr .308 Ill let you know how they shoot once I get my upper back.

I was also interested in 40 and 45 caliber ammo as well. Is all their ammo once fired brass?

Yes thats all they do is reloads. All of the rounds that I got in .308 are in all Lake City brass. I don't know what brass the hand guns are loaded in. I'll check my friends .380 brass. we shot a few hundred rounds of USA .380 through his Kahr with no problems.

Also, CKA I know uses USAAmmo for his pistol classes. Give him a shout to hear his review.

Hey everybody, new to the site but I though I would weigh in. I have purchased from USA ammo a couple of times. I have ordered 5.56, .308, and 9mm. It has all been reloads but I have never had any problems with it, and it has been quite accurate for me. They do offer some new manufacture stuff, it's more expensive than their once fire ammo, however. If I have one complaint with them, it's their shipping costs. They are higher than some other places I order ammo from, and that offsets their cheaper ammo prices making it equal too or more expensive than new ammo bought elsewhere. I really only buy from them if they are having sales as I just can't stomach their shipping costs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bassfishindoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey everybody, new to the site but I though I would weigh in. I have purchased from USA ammo a couple of times. I have ordered 5.56, .308, and 9mm. It has all been reloads but I have never had any problems with it, and it has been quite accurate for me. They do offer some new manufacture stuff, it's more expensive than their once fire ammo, however. If I have one complaint with them, it's their shipping costs. They are higher than some other places I order ammo from, and that offsets their cheaper ammo prices making it equal too or more expensive than new ammo bought elsewhere. I really only buy from them if they are having sales as I just can't stomach their shipping costs.</div></div>

Where are you having the ammo shipped to? I only ask because I can get 240rds of .308 175gr shipped for $13.69.

When you add that to the cost of the ammo ($173.75), it's still cheaper than the alternative which would be purchasing 240rds of FGMM 175gr for approximately $300.

I live in TN. As an example, if I wanted to order 1000 rounds of .223 55gr FMJ from USA ammo for plinking, the base cost is $299, which comes out to 29.9 cents a round, not bad. However, it cost's 33.81 to ship that to my home in TN, which brings the total cost to $332.81, which is 33 cents a round for once fired ammo. Now if I look at Widener's, they offer 1000 rounds of PPM193 5.56 55 gr FMJBT, a comparable plinking ammo, for $309. Now this is for brand new never fired ammo which would theoretically give me more reloads, but it is 30.9 cents a round, a little more than USA ammo. However, they only charge $17.73 to ship it, bringing the total to $326.73, or 32.6 cents a round, which comes to $6.08 in savings. Now that doesn't seem like much but it adds up over time, plus I am getting brand new cases that will theoretically last longer when I reload. That is only one example I could come up with real quick, but I have found numerous times, that, while great ammo, once shipping is figured in, it often costs me more per round to purchase once fired USA ammo.

I've used it and it shoots well. No problems. The reloaded v-max shot the best out of my rifle. Real well actually. Shipping does seem higher to TN, than some reported here but still good cheap ammo.

Cheers

How fast did they ship the ammo and how long did it take before arriving at your door?

I use their .45 and 9mm once fired reloads. Good stuff, never had a problem with it.

I don't recall their time to ship. It was about normal for ground, I guess.

All my orders were made on the week end so that slowed it down some but usually recieved within 6 days. I ordered one of their brass catchers on a saturday night and had it the next thursday morning. Came straight from the manufacturer.

One other bonus is that all their rifle brass, new or 1x fired, is LC.