• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USA MADE *cough* tactical pants

Hasgun Willtravel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2007
Ionia County, MI
Are there any pants similar to the 5.11 pants that are made in the USA? I am looking for the nylon or rip stop equivalent pants that are USA made.

Re: USA MADE *cough* tactical pants

Woolrich pants,

Or you can make your own???I no you have the skills....

I've been making my own pants and some jackets,you can rip the seams and use them as a template and place your pockets and add pockets to your liking.

Triple Aught Designs (TAD) Legionaire and Force 10 varients are US made I believe.

Unfortunately they're not similar to the 5.11 ones as they're better quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIERRAWHISKEY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woolrich pants,

Or you can make your own???I no you have the skills....

I've been making my own pants and some jackets,you can rip the seams and use them as a template and place your pockets and add pockets to your liking.</div></div>

I made my own once, thats why I am looking to buy...lol. I am a gear maker, not a seamstress, there is a little iddy biddy tiny difference.

not yet, I am too busy answering emails and PMs about gear shipping. I was at the bash middle of last week, and just got home last night. They will go out this week.

So, if you don't wear tactical underwear, does it reduce the tacticalness of your pants?

and if you go "commando" does it increase the tacticalness?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, if you don't wear tactical underwear, does it reduce the tacticalness of your pants?

and if you go "commando" does it increase the tacticalness?</div></div>

Of course you don't wear underwear with Tactical Pants.

I tried to release a pair of Tactical Tear Away Thunderwear a couple of years ago with a super absorbent pad, but only sold 4 pairs, all in X-Small, and they all shipped to one address in McKinny Texas, by god, so that product tanked big time.

One hundred nine dollars for a pair of pants? I don't think so.

I just buy BDU pants in khaki. I don't care where they are made.

My "tactical" pants are usually blue jeans. They conceal a 1911 well and the back pockets are large enough for M4 mags.
wink.gif

Now if I could just get them to let me wear them at work!

Good luck finding US made apparel. The market usually doesn't support it as indicated by the above comment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My "tactical" pants are usually blue jeans. They conceal a 1911 well and the back pockets are large enough for M4 mags.
wink.gif

Now if I could just get them to let me wear them at work!

Good luck finding US made apparel. The market usually doesn't support it as indicated by the above comment. </div></div>

You figure once we colonize Mars that people will insist on made on Earth BDU's?

Nick i no you like to have the best so check these out. i am about to try them only because they are made of 1000d cordura and that shit is tough as nails. these are expensive but look very useful.

http://www.kitanica.net/

Kitanica and Crye precision with TAD some are made here and some items arent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nick i no you like to have the best so check these out. i am about to try them only because they are made of 1000d cordura and that shit is tough as nails. these are expensive but look very useful.

http://www.kitanica.net/ </div></div>

Damn that jacket is some straight terminator gear.

did you see the price tag $497 i about shit my pants

everything else fleece/pants are reasonable for cordura gear but the coat was a shocker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did you see the price tag $497 i about shit my pants

everything else fleece/pants are reasonable for cordura gear but the coat was a shocker. </div></div>

Yeah it looks badass, but for 500$ I think I'm going to nab the Arcteryx.

Just talk to those Amish fuckers in your neighborhood.. They will make you some nice pants.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...594#Post2221594

I believe these are made in the USA. May not be Tacticool enough for you, but they are tough as hell! </div></div>

Seriously lacking in aggressive looking pockets and reinforced knee areas. Def not tacticool enough for me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...594#Post2221594

I believe these are made in the USA. May not be Tacticool enough for you, but they are tough as hell! </div></div>

Seriously lacking in aggressive looking pockets and reinforced knee areas. Def not tacticool enough for me </div></div>

Hahahaha, thought not
wink.gif

Hugo

Guess if you want it done right, do it yourself....stand by, I will get something together when stuff slows down after the new year.

I would never spend more on pants to shoot in than I do on slacks to work in, that's just insane. Seriously, for the folks with more money than brains, imo.

hey i am married with 2 kids and i still want one, not bad enough to spend that kinda money, but if they had a half off sale i would buy one. 1000 d cordura is the shit when it comes to coats and pants. i had a set of rain gear that was made out of it and used it while framing houses for 6 years and it didn't even phase it.

If you thought the Mark I is over the top, wait till you get a load of the Mark IV!
mark_iv_green.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, prepare to sweat in 1000 denier coated cordura.

Heat stroke kills as effectively as hypothermia.
</div></div>

not really an issue in western wa doesnt hardly ever get in the 80's here in the summer, but i guess thats what you get for living on a island on the pacific coast.

and yes ranger that pic of the douche bag wanna be in the coat does make it look ridiculous.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Kitanica Mark I

mark_i_gallery_12.jpg

When you just can't convince yourself that you're <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">not gay.</span></span>

*hint: over compensating is the first clue ... </div></div>

You are killing me!
laugh.gif

Manufactured in the San Francisco Bay Area...yep that about sums it up.

whoever designed those jackets needs to go get a sex change... In a tactical scenario the last thing you want to worry about is if you get zapped if the mortician would take the coat off so you didnt end up in the blue oyster parade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gruntbull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whoever designed those jackets needs to go get a sex change... In a tactical scenario the last thing you want to worry about is if you get zapped if the mortician would take the coat off so you didnt end up in the blue oyster parade. </div></div>

This isn't about tactical it's about tacticool.

Comparison:
picture-1.png

atom-lt-jacket-241x300.jpg

Also chortled heartily at "built in rifle recoil pad"
laugh.gif

Hey, Adam Savage of the Mythbusters wears one.....

Oh, wait....that's a reason NOT to get one.

That jacket is all about how it looks, not how it works. I'll take a TAD Gear jacket over a Kitanica any day.

If your going to spend Arc'teryx money, check out Beyond Clothing. Send them your measurements and they will make you a great stuff (pants jackets etc). Their stuff can all be custom made for no additional price. Made in the USA!

Beyond Clothing - Tactical

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...594#Post2221594

The only thing they make in the US is a recycled t-shirt. Cambodia is where their pants are made.

Not sure if EOTAC is made in USA but Ive had the same two pair for 2.5 years now and they have held up great. I am ordering new ones though, these are starting to not fit in the waist since my increase in my workout regiment and eating habits to match the workout.
laugh.gif

Baahaahaahaa! Those pic's and comments have me laughing hard right now....You guys rock!

-Peace