• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns USA made glock question

shootindude

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2011
in the back country of Oregon
I just picked up my first glock tonight, its a glock 23 3rd gen. It says USA on the slide and the frame. I bought it new from a local guy and i didnt think anything about it till i noticed most are marked austrian. I have been doing some digging around to find out more about it but cant really get any date manufacture etc.. using a serial number lookup. the serial starts with AACV and then 3 numbers. i dont know if this thing is worth more being a us made glock or really much about it. Can someone help enlighten me on this pistol that i have no knowledge about. thank you glock gurus.

Re: USA made glock question

Go to glocktalk. What you have is an overrun. Some glocks are made here to sell to Countries that Austria can't sell to. The finish on yours is a little different. Other then the made in USA it's the same pistol. Rumor is the USA plant will make the .380 that can't be imported here also.

It's a Glock, shoot the hell out of it!

Re: USA made glock question

I've got the 35th gun ever made in the US and have been shooting it for a year and a half and to the tune of about 15,000 rounds so far. The gun runs like a champ just like the other Austrian guns I've got. Shoot it and don't sweat it. Glock has made every move possible to ensure the Austrian and US Glocks are identical.

-Sean