• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Used Optics

ExtremeMemer

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2023
Wisconsin
I am considering buying a used optic but I have only bought new before. Do you have any reservations to buying used optics or is there anything to look out for when buying a used optic? It is a 4-16 ATACR.

The NF ATCAR series is fairly bulletproof (I know others will disagree) and have a good warranty (again some will say they can be a pain, Not sure about this as I have had almost a dozen NF scopes and have never had an issue with any of them). in reality, pictures and the brand back up as about all you have to go with.

Many scopes are sitting on safe queens, or are safe queens themselves. So no, for the right scope, in the right condition, at the right price, I wouldn't have reservations.

Also, look for manufacturers that have a good warranty reputation. Nightforce does have a good reputation.

Watch the seller's feedback, as well as total number of posts. Solid sellers tend to have high post counts.

Beware of scammers.

The above advice is good. Scammers don't usually last very long. Post count and seller ratings are good indicators.

We, obviously, believe in used optics. That is why we offer a 30 day guarantee on anything we sell. We have a couple lightly used ATACR 4-16 in stock, for now.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Used optics are excellent. Especially for buying NF. The atacr like the 7-35 go typically $2700-$2800. Where new price is $3600 plus tax/shipping. In today’s market the prices on used atacr puts them where they should be priced in my opinion.

Euro optic is a good place to watch for demo or used models if you don’t want to risk buying from px or not sure what to look for so you don’t get scammed. I’m sure mile high and cs tactical see used/demo scopes as well

4-16 with Mil XT is one of my favorite optics

The above advice is good. Scammers don't usually last very long. Post count and seller ratings are good indicators.

We, obviously, believe in used optics. That is why we offer a 30 day guarantee on anything we sell. We have a couple lightly used ATACR 4-16 in stock, for now.
One of yours is actually the one I am considering. Once the 5% cart reminder comes through I may order.

Reactions: RKBArmory
I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used optic with a good reputation and a company that will actually support it. That's just my opinion, ymmv.

Reactions: samnev
Honestly if you’re worried about warranty then check out vortex. I prefer NF to vortex and have owned many of both. I used the vortex warranty on a few optics and they were unbeatable in my opinion

If they make something comparable to the 4-16 in a razor you’d probably be happy

Oh man. I have both bought and sold many a quality optic on this site alone. I would actually go as far as to say I may have an unhealthy appetite for buying used scopes. Or binoculars. Or stocks. Or....

You could probably purchase a used Vortex and go on a baby seal clubbing spree with it, and once you get out of prison, Vortex will have a replacement non-dented scope waiting at your door.