• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Used Sako trg 21 or new R700 PCR?

Doing my part

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2020
Afternoon all, apologies for the usual new guy apples and oranges question BUT...

I have been offered a Sako trg 21 for the same money as a new remington 700 PCR. I shoot target up to about 900 yards.

I like the sako for its single purposed-ness. I don't believe it is shot out. I am concerned about if I need parts that I'll have to drive to Finland and give out handies to firearms dealers.

I like the remington 700 because there's spares everywhere, and everyone knows them, and... Well... R700. I'm concerned that a R700 has to take a lot of work to be accurate and the PCR is only part of the way there.

I'm leaning towards the sako but not certain and it's a fair bit of money.

Any input in either direction please?

For the same$$$??? I'd take the Sako TRG 21 in a heartbeat. It's a proven rugged and durable precision rifle platform that comes with excellent out of the box accuracy, an excellent trigger, and although parts are harder to get, they are available, and places like KRG make aftermarket accessories. Remington QC is at best spotty and at worst, pretty crappy.

Reactions: Doing my part
Afternoon all, apologies for the usual new guy apples and oranges question BUT...

I have been offered a Sako trg 21 for the same money as a new remington 700 PCR. I shoot target up to about 900 yards.

I like the sako for its single purposed-ness. I don't believe it is shot out. I am concerned about if I need parts that I'll have to drive to Finland and give out handies to firearms dealers.

I like the remington 700 because there's spares everywhere, and everyone knows them, and... Well... R700. I'm concerned that a R700 has to take a lot of work to be accurate and the PCR is only part of the way there.

I'm leaning towards the sako but not certain and it's a fair bit of money.

Any input in either direction please?

I own a TRG 22 so Sako all day long.

If the Sako has been taken care of, it's a no brainer, buy it. It is a better built platform, the Remington will always be a Remington, with good and bad points. Yes, I own both makes.

I (English/European) expected a lot more support for the Remington (MURCA!) around here. It sounds like I need my perceptions adjusting.

Thanks all for the input, it's nice to know I'm not talking complete shite.

Now, how to get an Arken sight to the UK...

I‘d imagine it might take a bit of work to the Remington to do this, 100 yards, first shot cold no correction for wind, next four with wind correction.

85FBEEEF-5E18-4971-90C8-A56773D30C92.jpeg

I (English/European) expected a lot more support for the Remington (MURCA!) around here. It sounds like I need my perceptions adjusting.

Thanks all for the input, it's nice to know I'm not talking complete shite.

Now, how to get an Arken sight to the UK...

Easy. Spend the money you saved buying the Sako on some nicer glass.