• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Used Savage FP10 value?

Snipers

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2009
What’s a fair price for a used Savage FP10 rifle (.308) in a MAC A5 stock (glass bedded, pillared, AccuTrigger, standard detach magazine)? Includes a Ken Ferrell G-force 20 MOA steel base. Assume half the barrel life remains.

Re: Used Savage FP10 value?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">around $850 w/ that kinda round count, if everything else is in good condition... IMHO </div></div>

+1

new is 1100-1200. it was 200 more than the 900 i gave for the HS stock. oh, and its an FCP id have to say. the FP didnt have a mag or get offered in that stock. thats a sweet base. id have to agree with the above and also say maybe 950. thats what they go for used roughly. last HS one was 850ish. the mcmillan was 200 more to begin with and it wasnt glass bedded or pillar bedded. figure it will take 200-400 for the new owner to rebarrel if desired. new receiver is 300-400 stock is 450. base is 125 i think if it has the recoil lug screw dealy, but i got mines for 75 i think. gotta kinda add all that up and see whats the best price you can get. id say 950 isnt out of reach.

how is the bedding job?

Well I hope you don't post it for sale anytime soon. I just sent in a money order for a new one yesterday and I had to tap into my savings for it!

Thanks!!!

I'm generally pretty good about pricing firearms, but this time around I had too much "blood, sweat, and tears" invested to be objective about it. I've now returned to reality.