• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns used sti pistol in stock

hermnrob

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2010
Sevierville, TN
Looking to buy s used STI 40 cal. I would like to find an edge, eagle or tactical 5.0. I have looked on the web but i am always to late, i even miss the 40 edge for sale on this site the first person got it for $1300. Does any one know of a dealer that would have a used one in stock or might be able to place me on a waiting list but I do not would to wait to long.

Re: used sti pistol in stock

Thanks is this site a hit or miss I've Been missing alot. Hope to find something, apprecitate the info.

Hopefully I can find one from $1300 to $1800. I've been to R Bros but still cant get on the classified page or post yet. I can sign in but have not received Email for posting or to be able to see the classified page. Thanks

I wouldn't sell mine for less than 2gs. Wait until winter, you may find one.

Well i guess it's a waiting game until i find something. I would like to get a good deal, wife is not to happy that i want another gun. RockSteady keep me updated Thanks.

Thanks but thats out of my price range. I've looked at new pistols price around $1800 for basic pistol. Might have to go that route then have options added later. I still would love to find a basic pistol at a great price. Not really big on chrome finish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snowtop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not really big on chrome finish. </div></div>

Nothing protects the gun like Chrome.

I agree chrome protects just not what I like. Dont get me wrong if I were to find a good deal I would buy a chrome one.

Thanks, I've been looking, really would love to find a dealer who has used STI's in stock. but I know once you have one you dont sell it or if you do they go fast.

there is an Edge for like $1850 and an Executive for $1750 on Brian Enos right now... I was about to buy either one of them but found an Executive for $1625

Thank looked the edge, going to wait for something cheaper or buy new then add to it in the future. That gun new on Brazos is $1795 with out chrome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snowtop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank looked the edge, going to wait for something cheaper or buy new then add to it in the future. That gun new on Brazos is $1795 with out chrome. </div></div>

Forget about the new price. The gun does not come with a LOT of the stuff you will need to shoot limited. A base gun + magwell, sights, magazines is $2200-2300 minimum. Getting a edge that is ready to go with mags for $1800 is a steal if the gun isn't worn out.

I you want to have something to compare it against, compare it to a custom gun from Brazos, subtract the cost of the chrome finish ($300) and add the cost of the magazines to that. A stock STI Eagle or Edge out of the box isn't ready to go for competition, and the magazines cost in the $100 range each.

FWIW, these things are not "optional" or to be added later. they are necessary elements for using the pistol unless you're going to the range to plink with a $2000 pistol.

Thanks for the information, but there was not alot of information about the edge. So i'll keep looking. Plan on shooting USPSA once I purchase a STI but I'll be shooting at the farm until Im confident in my ability with the pistol. I have come to the conclusion that finding a pistol in my price range will take time Or big money new one.

The edge is still for sale so I went back to take another look at it. Still didnt fill confident about buying it for that price. It has about 3500 rounds through it the price is $1800 plus $300 for the mags. I also priced the Eagle & Edge from Brazos, the price with sight, magwell & mags is just under $2200 depending on how many mags i buy (thanks Downzero). So for the difference of $100 I'll wait or buy new if I cant find a better deal. Jumping with both feet just need a bigger wallet to get there.

Snowtop -- why don't you go to the Enos forum and put up a WTB ad in the for for sale section? The rules forbid you from posting a sale ad ( assuming you don't have the requisite number of posts) but not a want to buy ad. Tell 'em what your looking for and the amount of money you've got to spend. Something should pop up in a relatively short amount of time for you. Make certain you get a three day inspection period and if you're not competent enough to inspect it yourself then have a gunsmith do it for you. And request LOTS of pictures from every angle before you buy!

Buy a para for $900, insure you like IPSC, sell para for $900, buy STI or even better, an SV. $0.02

Thanks Titandriver didnt pay attention to that. Thought it was like here, where you had to have enough post to wts or wtb.Yes I am going to have a gunsmith check it he is also where it would be shipped to, i know alittle not alot feel better with his input. Shooting an H&K 40 now for practice but would rather have the STI an not buy anything else just to sale it later. My buddy said the same thing (para or sig) but thanks for the input Quickdraw40. Plan on keeping the H&K for my son.

Sorry snowtop, I thought the post count was for selling only, just checked it out and you can't post anything in the classifieds until you hit the magic number!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titandriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry snowtop, I thought the post count was for selling only, just checked it out and you can't post anything in the classifieds until you hit the magic number!

</div></div>

You can post a wanted ad in the WTB/WTT section of the classifieds.....that is what it is for....to my knowledge there are no post restrictions there.

I went to the classified ad it will not allow me to start a new post do to the lack of post. So I went to the rules section could not find info on WTB, then posted how & where to post WTB ads. The reply was, only in the classified section with a 50 post mininum. I went through the same process here it is not stated on either site the need of a post count for WTB only WTS. On this site I could not find a new topic button so I looked it up an found out the 100 post rule applied to wtb section to. On Enos it states, you can not start a new post in the top corner but there is not a separate WTB section like here. Thanks but no go until i hit 50 post.

What snowtop said!

From the Enos forum:
<<Please Read Before Posting
Please read the Complete Pinned Rules Rules in the Classifieds Forum.

You must have 50+ posts before you can start a thread in the Classifieds Forum.>>

Saw a STI 38 super hybricomp 2011 open race gun with one 140mm svi mag for $1400 Its not what I'm looking for but get me excited that I might fine a STI in my price range