• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

User Name...What it means?

Todds69

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2010
Northern Indiana
Kind of like the title says. I started my forum journey on Pro-touring.com and Lateral-g.net as a car enthusiast with a 69 Camaro and with my first name being Todd; Todds69 was used and keep it througout all forums I use.

Re: User Name...What it means?

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="font-style: italic">Death or UGA BOOGA</span></span></span></span>

From New Orleans, kinda says it all

Started my career in engineering 4 years ago. Ever since the first day its been nonstop projects and stress. With what time I had off I would complain to my girlfriend that I was bored and needed a hobby to fulfill my urge to build things or tinker on my own (without having to fill out countless piles of paperwork aaaaarrrrggghhh!!).

Took up shooting, reloading, and building project guns about 2 years ago. It's everything I wish my engineering job was. I enjoy reading and learning everything about firearms, 2A, reloading, and manufacturing techniques. The more bored I get the more stuff I buy
crazy.gif
but its all for good fun.

I am really enjoying this site it reminds me of that place in Atlas Shrugged where all the skilled people went. You have owners of some of the best firearm/optics/reloading/gunsmithing places running around here answering all my questions and making stuff just for me. It's like shooter heaven. Only complaint I have is this place is killing my wallet.

I used to take a lot of my friends and acquaintances out shoot, and have been known to teach them a thing or two. This was a bunch of years ago. A particular book (new release) was found by one of them, and he passed it around.

They hung the name on me, before I'd even heard of the book. The rest, is history.

<<<< self explainitory, but...

back in the day, and still somewhat applicable when i had dedicated time and energy to hunt, scout, and observe for 40+ hours or more a week i could honestly say that i was the top predator in my area. did things that got me closer (sometimes a little toooo close), put myself in my quarry's "frame of mind", studied the shit out of the animal and the environment pinpointing what would give me the edge, and other stuff that would most likely have folks have me committed or thought of in a wierd sort of light - all in the name of being a successful hunter (predator). day, night, rain, snow, heat - i was out there getting intel on the next "trophy". it was more of a spiritual thing, almost becoming whatever it was i was hunting, and then using it's weaknesses and strengths against it to harvest it. no bait, trial cameras, or bull like that. straight up stalking, with the constitution not to jeopardize the stalk no matter what physical damage may be sustained - all in the name of the hunt - now when i look back, it was pretty stupid of me.

-but i usually filled my tag the first morning of any season, any animal, any rifle, muzzleloader, bow, trap, pistol, shotgun, etc. any time of the year. didn't even touch a rifle for a 10 year period, shot everything with a bow. deer, turkey, squirrel, crow, woodchuck - you name it, and if it was indigenous to my area, and legal to do so, i put an arrow through it, and put it in the freezer. got to the point i called the hour +/- 15 minutes that i'd fill a tag.

and with the Predator movies out at the time, the name took, i added the "top" just for a little extra cockiness.

now i'm older, got the wife, the kid, house, job, grass to cut, shrub to trim, etc. etc., i don't have that luxury of doing what i used to, or the risky physical stuff i used to do, but still, i know if i wanted to truly wanted to, those hours could be called once more (maybe +/- a half hour nowadays).

humble aren't i?

i was thinking of the same thing about screen names just a few weeks ago, as some of them are pretty damn interesting, but probably not as interesting as the stories behind them.

From the movie Crossroads. Used it for video games and forum user names ever since I seen the movie.

Veer G =
veerji.png
= warrior

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Legba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the movie Crossroads. Used it for video games and forum user names ever since I seen the movie.</div></div>

love vai, hate machio. good movie.

I beat ChadTRG42 on a cold bore shot competition. He had to call me Captain Kick-Ass for one month and since he lost he was my "Side-Kick Poo-naner".

Everybody called him Side-Kick Poo-naner and I still do sometimes. lol It was great.

427Cobra said I didn't have a hair on my ass if I didn't my name here so I had to live up to that bet too. Chad wouldn't change his name to Side-Kick Poonaner here. Puss.....

Mine is what my Joes and Friends call me. I'm 6'5, 255 LBS, and work out 2-3 hours a day. One day, one of my new joes came in the gym and said I am built like a t-wall. The name caught on and has been used ever since

Really like that "Rarebreed" whiskey by Wild Turkey and one of my Harley's is a 93 cu in. the other is a 100 cu in.
Hence= Rarebreed93

Just what the name says, hilbilly, just a different way of spelling. And glad to be a hillbilly.

Moose is a nickname my friends gave me, and 72 was my Highschool and College football number. That's how Moose72 was created.. lol

Mine is for ease or remembering. Jrb my initials and 572 is numbers on the phone that have those letters.

Company, Commanding Officer tagged me with Gunfighter14e2 in 1965, while I was the prime mover for a brand new M14e2, that fine day. Two H&R's an one Winchester, kept us alive an rocked while never missing a beat, 16's were dropping like fly's.

I seriously love these types of threads. It's funny how people on the net think my name is a typo for either Master or Mauser.
laugh.gif
Anyways, here goes.

My username is actually my real life nickname that I have had since I was 5 years old. What does it mean and how did I get it you may ask? Well, it's an acronym for Microwave Amplified Stimulated Emission Radiation and I got that name because when I was a little kid, I used to play around a lot with our microwave oven. Older brother and his friends started calling me Maser and ever since then it has been my nickname.

5th bn 9th inf Reg, 6th ID Ft Wainwright Alaska, Arctic (Light).

There was nothing "Light" about our rucksacks, just the fact that we had so few vehicles.

ArcticLight Infantry.

Well originally on this site my name was swimboyy because I was a competitive swimmer.

One day in the shout box I was messing with mike and told him I was a lifeguard, then the jokes of me and Pam Anderson followed.

Eventually he called me Hasselhoff, then Sendero_Man called me The_Hoff. Mike then changed my name, accepting it The name grew on me and I embrace it now
laugh.gif

LONG LIVE: The_Hoff!
laugh.gif

(Thanks Mike and SM!)

baywatchcreatures.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well originally on this site my name was swimboyy because I was a competitive swimmer.

One day in the shout box I was messing with mike and told him I was a lifeguard, then the jokes of me and Pam Anderson followed.

Eventually he called me Hasselhoff, then Sendero_Man called me The_Hoff. Mike then changed my name, accepting it <span style="font-weight: bold">The name grew on me and I embrace it now</span>
laugh.gif

LONG LIVE: The_Hoff!
laugh.gif

(Thanks Mike and SM!)

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae53/swimboyy/baywatchcreatures.jpg </div></div>

hasselhoff.gif

Almost TMI ...

laugh.gif

My family owns a company that installs gas and oil pipelines. Had it on a license plate once and had to shorten it up to fit. pyplynr = pipeliner.

first initial A middle name XAVIER last initial E. im the same where ever i go, here or the bronco sites

That's how we made some nice rounds in the late 60's and 70's before match ammo was really out.

I'm a redhead (a day-walker, not a ginger), so my old callsign was "Redman". The "ss" on the end is for scout sniper. Been using it for years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

nice. a man a few words and a picture is worth a 1000 anyway.

Short story,
Thompson/Center Arms.
Contender.
12" SSK 45-70.
Fun pistol.
Most don't want to shoot after they see the round.
Most of those that do, don't want to after they see it go off.

Much better for actually hunting than a Casul or any of the new "Hot" ones.

It's "Stout", but the noise blast ain't as bad as those revolvers.

The "thunk" sound, as you drop a round in is cool too!

Dumb people create bugs. I the find bugs, kill the bugs, and the world churns.

Contrary to any casual conclusion, I can't reliably hit an insect with a bullet, not from any distance beyond bore.

"SANDRAT" kind of evolved from my old CB handle Desert Rat when I was new to W WA years ago.Guess some of the local kids were talking about my FJ40 LC and trying to figure who I was,and one said "That Sandrat Character",it stuck after that so I just rolled with it.Plenty of "Desert Rats" out there these days,not many Sandrats.