• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

User Upgrade Issues and Frontend Errors

alexj-12

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2020
    Illinois
    Hey everyone,

We've been looking into all of the issues you've been reporting and have resolved key problems:

User Upgrades
    Many of you have reported having issues with user upgrades where payments would go through on Paypal, but the user upgrade wouldn't be applied to your account. We've resolved this issue, so those of you who paid for a user upgrade, but did not receive the upgrade on your account, please go to Paypal cancel the charge and refund the charge that failed. Then you'll be able to purchase the user upgrade again successfully here: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/account/upgrades/

For those who don't have a Paypal account, please PM me the email associated with your upgrade and I can cancel the upgrade within Paypal and refund the payment.

Also, for those with legacy upgrades that were on the site before we added new user upgrades, please cancel those legacy upgrades and choose one of the new upgrades we offer instead. Those with legacy access to the PX and non paying members will no longer be able to post ads in the PX without an upgrade starting July 16th. If you are one of these members, you will still be able to reply to the ads of paying members and make purchases.

Frontend Errors
    I also saw several reports for slow load times and frontend errors. We believe this issue was related to our software upgrade yesterday and we resolved this issue last night, but if you're still experiencing this issue, please let me know.

Thanks for the patience everyone while the dust settles after this upgrade and please let me know if you're seeing any other bugs!

I can cancel on PayPal but I don't see an option for a refund?

DO not submit a complaint to Pay Pal

Contact me directly I will refund your charge manually it's easier that way as I can help cancel the original upgrade as I can see it

So contact me directly ... please include any an all details email address, etc transaction ID, whatever you have the more the better as some accounts are not cut and dry

I can cancel on PayPal but I don't see an option for a refund?
    Please PM me or Frank the email associated with your payment or the transaction ID and we'll get that sorted out for you :)

Ok, so after all these years its now a Pay to play? I sent you a PM, before I stumbled upon this. But I can't PayPal, got the ban hammer 2 years ago. Any other methods?

/.net

No,

Pay Pal is our only option for several reasons

1. We are a gun site, and merchant accounts are not as easy as you think

2. We are a Forum, so Pay Pal is native to most software, when it communicates with PP it does so as a known forum software link so they are very good about the process.

I am not doing manual upgrades, manual upgrades are 85% of the problem, manual upgrades require me to monitor and control the entire process. Nobody recurs their payment process unless I remind them, and I am not always in a position to remind them. My system to remind people with recurring payments is Pay Pal, so it brings me full circle

Too many took advantage of my schedule and the fact I do 90% of this alone. So it became unmanageable, hence the automation we inacted

I apologize to those who are not using pay pal, I would bet a second email linked to SH is all you need as you have a basic PP account but not what I would call an active account. They look at transactions, recurring subscriptions are built into the mix with them, so they tend to stay hands of with subscriptions

Reactions: netranger6