• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Using 6x47 Swiss Match cases for 6x47 Lapua

Tribe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2007
Wetside, WA
Just want to know if there is any potential problems with doing this...?

A buddy and I shot some 6x47 Swiss Match through my 6x47L yesterday, and got a 1 inch drop in POI at 600yds vs the Lapua brass we were shooting... Don't even know load info, velocities or anything at this time... just wondering if there are any pitfalls in using the Swiss Match brass, as I've got 500 cases available for about 1/5 the price of the Lapua.

Thanks...

Re: Using 6x47 Swiss Match cases for 6x47 Lapua

MLC - Large Primer on the Swiss

JasonK - No on the blueprints... they are different, but certainly not by much.

I will add, that the eyeball check did not reveal any signs of stress on the fired SM cases...

Interesting, I'm using the 6x47L as well, I didn't think the SM got nearly the velocity of the Lapua, but never looked farther into it.

Yeah man... can't say for sure what the velocities were... nor even the load... or for that matter, not even the bullet
crazy.gif
My buddy just had a mix mash of stuff... we shot it, and it shot well... all I know. And I'm not putting this out there to suggest it as a replacement for the Lapua... Just want to confirm that I'm not doing something unsafe here. ...bird in hand.