• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Using a FL Die to Neck Size

Crooks

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
Denton, TX
I have heard and read several opinions on this topic, I would like to get some input from members who have done this, would also like to know if it is a recommended procedure, or should I just buy a Neck Sizer die for the rifle.
I will only be firing the brass in 1 rifle. Remington 700P 300WM
Thanks in advance.

Re: Using a FL Die to Neck Size

You should go get a NS die, but I've made it work in a pinch with stuff that has long necks like the 30-30 and 30-06 without any issue.

Suggest you look a a lee neck size die ( info search the net it has to be polished, lubed and not screwed all the way down just till it cams over, size then rotate size again) I have all the others but the only one I use now sizes around a manderal, do not have to track thickness, no lube and runout .001.

You will need a Forester bump die with no bushing to bump sholder back with out resizing. Please run a search on SH

I've got a FL case die, ran through 7 firigins with BHA brass - probably tends to put a bit of wear but 7 firings is good enough.

If you have a tight chamber as I had you may want that....for a factory tube, maybe not.

I just prefer the FL resizing.